First beta weekend for Guild Wars 2 dated for April 27

Wednesday, 18th April 2012 19:23 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

ArenaNet has announced the first public Guild Wars 2 beta weekend will occur next weekend on April 27. The fun will end though on April 29. More testing weekends will be announced at a later date, so if you miss out on this one, you will have another opportunity to participate in the future. To get a beta key, you can pre-purchase the game to get instant access or if you have signed up for it previously, check your mail boxes. Beta sign-ups are currently closed. More details on the first beta weekend will be announced via a blog update soon.

1. TheWulf

Woo! And I’m all prepared for this. I can’t wait to roll my first charr engineer. Though I suspect that I’ll spend a good few hours just puttering around with the character creation, being unable to decide upon things. From what I’ve seen, it’s quite detailed. Not Champions Online levels of detailed, but detailed nonetheless.

2. _LarZen_

Pee…got pee in my pants!

Cant wait to try this, first new pants.

3. John117

Crossing fingers for invite… Really hoping I get in the beta…

4. TheWulf

It’s long past the invite point. They’ve already done those betas. The betas now are the pre-purchase betas.

5. viralshag

“To get a beta key, you can pre-purchase the game to get instant access or if you have signed up for it previously, check your mail boxes.”

He can still get invited if he signed up.

6. TheWulf

Oh, I know. But none of my sources have seen them rolling out any beta keys since they rolled out the prepurchase deal. So…

What I’m saying is… good luck. Don’t count on it.

7. Tavarish

What are you ranting on about? They have never ever stated that betas from now on will be only for pre-purchase people. They got around 1 million sign-ups through that sign-up program. Now they have those people and people (with guaranteed access) from pre-purchase program. They take all pre-purchase and thrown some sign-ups in and we have nice stress testing scenarios running along with game testing.

That is how I see it until ArenaNet says otherwise.

Also what are these yours “sources” that have confirmed this rumor to you? Please give us names and links. Otherwise just get some balls and admit that you are purely speculation and/or saying yours own opinion on matter. Not some fact.

Edit: Btw, not single person with pre-purchase has got e-mail about next beta testing weekend so don’t try make point with that argument.

8. viralshag

@7, Exactly. I don’t think they will be relying solely on pre-purchase beta testers… that would make for a pretty small test group I imagine.

I’m sure sales will be good but they were quick to mention beta-sign up numbers, if pre-orders figures were also impressive I’m sure we would know about it.

Maybe sometime in the near future… #6, what do your sources say? ;)