Tripwire teases Rising Storm expansion for Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad

Tuesday, 24th January 2012 17:52 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Tripwire Interactive has released a teaser video for the Rising Storm expansion to Red Orchestra 2 showcasing the Iwo Jima level. This map features the beaches and tunnels of as well as Mt. Suribachi and other small hints at features coming in Rising Storm. The music you’ll hear in the video, as well as in the game, was composed by Ben Hollway, who previously worked in a research capacity for HBO’s The Pacific, and Band of Brothers and as a Pacific theatre researcher for the Medal of Honor and Call of Duty franchises. The trailer also features special effects from Richard Dawson, another new member of the team. Beta applications for Rising Storm are now being accepted and you can apply through here. [pic]

1. Patrick Garratt

“Vell done.”

2. DSB

The core game was pretty crap, but this is looking a lot better.

3. Patrick Garratt

It’s really funny. I’m playing the campaign at the moment.

4. DSB

Oddly enough playing with bots is somewhat more satisfying. The multiplayer whenever I’ve tried to get into it has been way too much like herding cats, and there are so many spots that just form avenues where people keep running in to get killed.

Then there’s all the graphical awkwardness, the animations look pretty darn silly, but I’m sure it could work with better maps, and maybe people getting around to playing commander properly.

5. Patrick Garratt

I haven’t tried the multiplayer. I’m sure I will do soon. I just like the accents, really.

6. absolutezero

“OOAAAHHHH Tovarish. I can not go on”

7. HauntaVirus

Couldn’t agree more. Still a fun game to go back to here and there. There are some game breaking bugs though in the campaign. I’m stuck right now and might have to restart.