I Am Alive PC still on the cards

Thursday, 24th November 2011 21:51 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Ubisoft Shanghai creative director Stanislas Mettra has clarified yesterday’s inflammatory comments, giving PC gamers hope they may yet see I Am Alive on their platform of choice.

“I would really love to see a PC build of the game and I dont think I meant to say ‘the game won’t happen on PC,’” Mettra said in a new statement emailed to IncGamer, citing his non-native English as the cause of confusion.

“What I meant is that the PC version [hasn't happened] yet.”

Mettra said Ubisoft is “still working to see the feasibility of it”, and that it’s not his place to comment on whether the PC build will finally happen.

In his earlier comments, Mettra had said lack of demand, high piracy and low sales made it untenable to produce a PC version of the game, and accused PC gamers of unnecessary “bitching”.

Defending his earlier statement, Mettra said he’d just given “some examples to illustrate” the issues surrounding a PC launch, and added that he’d personally love to see the game on PC.

“Honestly, which game maker would not love his game to be playable on as many platforms and by as many people as possible? Regardless console or PC, what matters is the game and the pleasure people can get from it.”

I Am Alive is an usual survival adventure game, expected on the PlayStation Network and Xbox Live in northern winter. If it follows Ubisoft’s usual release pattern, a PC version will launch some months later.

Thanks, Blue.

1. Yoshi

Go eat a big of dicks, no PC gamers care now after you slagging them off and QQin. TARA!

2. The_Red

@1 True. The way these people talked about “bitching people” along with the Ghost Recon guys essentially calling all PC gamers pirates is not the way to go. Of course it’s Ubi, the company that helps spread the piracy among legit gamers thanks to its uber uber uber stupid and disgusting DRM methods.

3. jacobvandy

Nothing but meaningless damage control. I expect to see more like this from that douchebag from Ghost Recon that said 95% of PC gamers are pirates.

4. Colin Gallacher

Many shades of grey in a higher resolution? Ooft…hold me back!

5. GrimRita

No one cares now Ubi. Please dont mind your step on the way out.

6. NeoSquall

I don’t care what you say Mettra, just fuck off you and your stupid game.

Signed,
    a PC gamer.

7. DSB

I thought he was quite clear in what he was saying.

8. blackdreamhunk

pc gaming has out lived companies like Midway,Sierra Entertainment,Interplay,west wood studios and many contless generations of consoles. Pc gaming will out live UbiSoft.

9. Gurdil

Oh ok so he’s lead animator in an international company, even was a creative director in Shanghai but he’s playing the “I no speak good english” card? This guy won’t stop getting lower and lower, will he?