MGS HD Collection locked for February 3 in Europe

Wednesday, 26th October 2011 13:52 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Konami’s announced a delay for the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection in Europe, moving it from a previously-confirmed November to February 3, 2012.

A delay was first suspected last month, but hadn’t been confirmed until today.

The pack will come with HD remasters of MGS2: Sons of Liberty, MGS3: Snake Eater and PSP title Peace Walker. It’ll also have the original two Metal Gear games from MSX in 1987 and 1989.

MGS2 and MGS3 will release together in Japan on November 23, while Peace Walker gets a separate release on November 10, all for PS3 and 360. A Vita version will launch next year.

1. triggerhappy

Dissapointed at first but febuary’s definitely a better place to put this title. Having it about during the prime time months would have seen it being kicked about and a bit off a missed opportunity really. At least febuary’s kinda quiet and we want this to do well because if it sells it paves the way for other HD remakes I suppose.

2. OrbitMonkey

^ you want more HD remakes?

3. Eregol

That’s cool.
    Will give me time to clear some of my backlog before this comes out.
    Batman: AC, Uncharted 3, Dungeon Siege 3 DLC, Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm, Alpha Protocol, Tomb Raider Trilogy, Child of Eden, Nier, Shadow of the Colossus, and Xenoblade Chronicles.
    Not to mention some sports titles I have but barely played like Tiger woods 11, FIFA 12 and Virtua Tennis 4.

4. triggerhappy

@ Orbit “^ you want more HD remakes?”

Yeh definitely, theres so many PS2 & NGC titles I would love to play again but seeing them now in SD makes me wonder why we had to suffer those huge rubbish CRT screens for so many years in the first place. Last gen consoles look hellish on HDTV’s too, even when using component cables. I don’t have any problem parting with the money as long as they are not asking full retail price and they put some effort into boosting the textures and framerates.

5. aseddon130

This is fine for me as there’s too much out in November anyway, and this would get absolutely swamped by everything.

6. HeavyD-Love

Wait….

Is the USA release still November 8, 2011?

7. YoungZer0

That’s enough time to put in some extra work for … maybe some textures?

What’s the point of calling it HD when there is no HD Textures?

8. osric90

@6 Amazon says so… but I think it will be pulled to February 2012 too.

UPDATE: Officially pulled to February the 3rd for America too.

9. HeavyD-Love

^Actually, IGN is reporting the opposite:

10. triggerhappy

^ wait… why the fuck are they doing this?? Honestly, that boils my piss.

11. OrbitMonkey

^ No doubt localization will be used as the excuse…Just import the ps3 version from USA if your in a rush i guess.

12. triggerhappy

^ I think your right. Checked ebay and I can have one for the 10th for £50 on PS3. Hmmmm.

13. Clupula

I really hope they keep the US version on November 8th. Believe it or not, this is my most anticipated release for 2012. Playing MGS3 and being able to get trophies for it? Fuck yeah!

And I, too, would like to see more HD releases. Why wouldn’t someone?

14. triggerhappy

@ Clupula: “Believe it or not, this is my most anticipated release for 2012.”

Same :P

15. OrbitMonkey

@13 I can almost guarantee, one of those trophy’s would be for watching ALL the cutscenes… Skipping none…

Which frankly is IMPOSSIBLE!!

16. Clupula

@15 – I have NEVER skipped a cutscene in any Metal Gear except for 2. And that was because I couldn’t fucking stand Raiden’s girlfriend lecturing me everytime I’d save. Otherwise, I looked forward to the cutscenes. I love the MGS story (except for MGS2).

I actually hope there’s trophies for beating MG1 and MG2.