Report – Deep Silver to launch Catherine in Europe in Q1 2012

Wednesday, 14th September 2011 10:35 GMT By Johnny Cullen

MCV‘s reporting that Catherine’s European launch will happen in Q1 next year.

The site’s actually reporting it as a delay, but the Atlus thriller, which is being published here in Europe by Deep Silver, was never given a date or timeline for release when it was first announced back in July.

The game launched back in January in Japan, followed by a US launch earlier this summer.

Watch Pat play the US demo of it here.

1. NeoSquall

Perhaps they were expecting to announce a 2011 release date, then they had to delay it…

2. BULArmy

I just don’t get it with this localising thing. What is so difficult? The English differences between US and UK are not so big and changing some content for Europe, which generally is much more exceptable on many paragraphs than US for different things is also not so time-consuming and not needed. So what is the deal, can someone explain to me?

3. nostalblong

@2: Don’t forget they have to translate it for French, Italian, Spanish etc. if it is to be released in Europe. Then it has to be playtested, to make sure the new translations don’t screw the code etc, then it has to be QA checked to ensure it meets that region’s QA measures. Can be a lengthy process sometimes.

4. NeoSquall

@3 French is already there in the US version, they need to add Italian, Spanish and German.

5. nostalblong

@4: I was speaking in general localisation terms, not specific to Catherine. But thanks anyway.

6. YoungZer0

Slower! SLOWER!!!

7. Gurdil

Well, I was right to order it in Canada then, I’ll have seen the 8 endings by the time it arrives here oO

@5 I don’t know if that’s true but I was told that most US versions have French localization included because of it being the same version sold in Canada. But who gives a fuck anyway? I bet most players wouldn’t mind playing in English (I, for one, already play all my games in English, voice acting is usually far better), maybe with subtitles or something.

8. nostalblong

@7 but it would be localised for European French and Canadian French still.

9. Dom26

Hey Johnny, Deep Silver previously told us they were aiming for a 2011 release.

Dom