Dynasty Warriors 7 PSP outed by Famitsu leak

Wednesday, 1st June 2011 06:14 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Omega Force’s latest hack-and-slasher looks to be on its way to PSP.

Dynasty Warriors 7 released on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in late March, but is now headed to PSP, according to Andriasang‘s Famitsu leak sources.

It’s only the second of the core Dynasty Warriors series to see a port to the console, following Dynasty Warriors 6 in 2009. But two stand-alone entries and three spin-off games – Strikeforce, Strikeforce 2 and Dynasty Warriors 6 Empires – have graced the console.

Not all of the franchise’s portable incarnations have seen the light of day outside Japan, where the PSP commands a loyal user base, so don’t hold your breath.

1. onlineatron

Outdated game for an outdated handheld?

I’m doing backflips here.

2. Christopher Jack

I liked the early Dynasty Warriors but the basic gameplay mechanics haven’t evolved since then & it’s become very dull.

3. Suikoden Fan

@2 if its not broke, dont fix it,also if you were a fan of the series you’d see how its changed with each installment and especially 7, but why bother when its cool to slag the game off.

4. Christopher Jack

@3, I don’t hate it, I just think they need to completely revamp the gameplay mechanics.

5. Suikoden Fan

@4 the more snarky part of my comment was aimed at 1, anywho 7 is the best one yet, better than 3 and a fuck load better than the shite 6. also in 6 they did change the system to the renbu system and no one liked it and it was reverted to the charge system for 7. Change wasn’t wanted.

6. onlineatron

Hey, Suikoden, it’s great if you like the games, more power to you! Unfortunately I find them clunky, repetitive and dull, and haven’t really enjoyed one since Dynasty Warriors 3.

There’s only so much ‘killing dudes’ I can do.

7. Suikoden Fan

@6 i suppose, but so many just love to hate on this series with no basis yet fifa which gets fuck all in changes is let off scot free