Just Cause 2 video maps 11.3 million player deaths

Saturday, 28th May 2011 16:50 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Square Enix and Eidos’ Jim Blackhurst has created a fun video showing of map of the 11.3 million player deaths in Just Cause 2. It doesn’t matter how the player died, whether from your parachute not opening, being gunned down, or just from bad luck. It’s all in there. Watch and enjoy. Thanks: D’toid, RPS.

1. Crab of Thunder

Contributed to more than a few of those deaths :D *Feels proud*
    Also i lol’d at the giant pool of deaths under the mile high club, no prizes for guessing what everybody did. :P

2. DSB

Hehe, looks like people spent a lot of time flying into cliffsides (and seemingly everything else) :P

Awesome game!

@1 Is it kill hookers? Is it?

3. Stephany Nunneley

I just started playing this game a couple weeks ago. I am having a blast in it!

4. Crab of Thunder

@2 If its by pulling them off the side of the air ship then yes I suppose it could be ^^

5. Erthazus

It’s a very good game from a gameplay perspective but retarded story and story missions just kills the experience. Also, not enough side missions.

6. Hunam

Just Cause isn’t about missions Erth. It’s about being stupid in a giant sandbox.

7. Bluebird

The ridiculous story is what makes it good. :D

8. Gigabomber

Really a fun game. If it had more post-launch support and faster patching it would have been even better. Hopefully they use their cash to improve some of the questionable components for JC3.

9. Stephany Nunneley

@6 and @7 – Exactly why it’s a blast! :)

10. Maximum Payne

I really want to get into JC2 but I don’t know how to have fun with ”just a sandbox”.I can mess around in Crysis 1 or 2 when I have some mission or in GTA but JC is just too big and sometimes empty…

11. mathare92

Gotta love the messed up Polynesian accents, “Escoripiyo”.

12. Erthazus

@6,7, ridiculous story is not funny at all.

and side missions are important, thats why GTA is going to be better then Just Cause 2.

After finishing the main quest i didn’t know what to do after that and i like playing my games a bit longer for 60$
    It’s like a waste of the potential.

13. absolutezero

Comparing Just Cause to GTA? What? My brain is full of fuck.

The entire point of Just Cause 1 and 2 was to make your own fun, theres so much to do in it that its basically a waste of time following the story at all.

I spent more time at the airport hooking cars onto leaving planes than actually doing what I was meant to.

14. DSB

To be fair, the actual story missions were outstanding.

The one on the “mysterious island” was probably the most memorable one I’ve ever played in an open world game.

15. Erthazus

@13 same goes to GTA 4. You are doing your own fun.

16. guapo

Yeah but in just cause you can do sooooooo much more than in gta. GTA takes itself too serious imo. Great game just totally different. I think sone people lack the “creative juice” necessary to get the most out of jc2.

17. Crab of Thunder

@14 Is that the faction mission where you *SPOILER* end up in that island with the japanese war vets? The Lost spoof or whatever? If so I loved that mission! :D Clambering up huge towers and then epicly diving off of them as they explode.*END SPOILER*
    Also @13 I spent a lot of time hooking people to cars then dragging them to death, that or hanging them from trees…

18. DSB

@17 Dude, spoiler alert.

But yeah, that’s the one.

That’s what Just Cause 2 has you doing, while GTA IV makes you date your cousin and pay toll every time you cross the bridge :P

Rockstar really needs to either figure out how to make a compelling story, or grow a pair in terms of the action if they’re going to compete with that and Saints Row.

19. Crab of Thunder

My bad

20. jevonski

I’m proud that I contributed while toiling my way to that platinum trophy :D

21. TVs Everywhere

@12,

Side missions or no side missions, the minute-to-minute gameplay of JC2 was FAR better than the borefest that was GTA IV, hands down.

22. Aman27deep

PLEASE RELEASE JC 3 ALREADY !!

23. Noodlemanny

1:42 Wondering how people managed to die so many times in mid air. Or maybe its an oddly shaped hill.
    EDIT. 2:30 is a better representation of this.
    Also does bullet collisions count? because otherwise alot of people died from being run over by cars.

24. Noodlemanny

@ Aman27deep
    I’m pretty sure I heard somewhere they were dropping the Just Cause franchise. Its a shame co-op would be fucking awesome, if they just changed that and added nothing else I’d still buy it… Twice.