Wed, Apr 13, 2011 | 18:07 BST
Pandora’s Tower supports classic controller
Japanese retailers have shared some addition information regarding Pandora’s Tower on Wii.
The game will of course support Wii’s motion controls, but Andriasang reports the game will also support the classic controller.
In the game, the main character’s main attack is a chain which he uses to tear the flesh from beasts in order to provide the game’s heroine with said flesh.
Apparently, Ceres was cursed and is slowing turning into a beast herself, and needs this flesh so as not to turn beast-like “both physically and mentally.” Right.
The way in which Ende uses the chain is detailed thusly:
- Grab and pull flesh and items from beasts.
- Restrain the beasts with the chain and then go in for the kill with another weapon.
- Restrain one beast with the chain, then swing it around to strike other enemies.
- Use the chain to latch on to walls and swing from location to location.
- Use the chain to manipulate switches.
- You can control the action either with the Wiimote and Nunchuck or with the Classic Controller. When using the Wiimote and Nunchuck combo, the Wiimote directly controls the chain, allowing you to feel like you’re swinging a real chain apparently. The Classic Controller option allows for pure button-based play.
Pandora’s Tower is and exploration-style action RPG due for Wii release on May 26 in Japan. No word on a western release as of yet.