Comedy: Shenmue III ending detailed by Suzuki at GDC

Monday, 7th March 2011 19:35 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Shenmue creator Yu Suzuki has detailed how Shenmue III would have ended the trilogy. Warning: this is not really true.

It features Ryo and Lan Di entering the US National Forklift Racing Grand Prix. He also takes a lift in Tony Soprano’s forklift. And Cliff Bleszinski was in it too. This is actually a version we could actually get behind. Get Sega to make this, Yu.

The video was made by Mega64 to celebrate Suzuki winning the Pioneer Award at the Game Developers Choice Awards at GDC last week.

Watch below. It’ll never happen, you know.

1. Johnny Cullen

Do this version, Yu! I promise you it’ll truly be the best game ever.

2. El_MUERkO

it’s more beautiful than i ever imagined :*D

3. Johnny Cullen

:D

4. Stardog

Pretty funny. I’ve just been replaying Shenmue because it runs smoothly on emulators now.

5. Lloytron

A lot of people didn’t take to Shenmue but I didn’t like it for my own bizarre reasons. I used to work at Sega when Shenmue was in development. Not on that game but on other titles.

So I played Shenmue in my free time, for fun, like everyone else. So for some time my days consisted of working on Sega games, then going home and playing Sega games, where I would generally have to go and do a days work and then go home and play Sega games.

As a games developer, playing a game in your spare time where you play games that you have worked on in your spare time got too meta for me. It still hurts my brain to think about it.

6. Gekidami

Theres a decent DC emulator now? Last time i checked the ones already out didnt work with most games and all of the upcoming projects were dead in the water.

7. Stardog

@6 NullDC. I haven’t tried any other games though.