Capcom hopes SSFIV 3D will “open the door a little wider,” for those who skipped the console version

Saturday, 5th February 2011 20:58 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Capcom’s Yoshinori Ono has detailed to Gamespot how Super Street Fighter IV came to be developed for 3DS, and according to the game’s main man, it was so the game could be experienced by a wider audience.

“I think there are still plenty of people who missed the boat on Super Street Fighter IV, and still haven’t jumped in yet,” he said. “Perhaps they’re worried that the controls will be complicated compared to previous games in the series or a difficult world to get back into.

“So, a lot of the new modes we’re doing with [SSFIV 3D] are kind of an effort to once again level the playing field and open the door a little wider and get more people interested.”

Ono also mentions how Street Pass will work with the game, giving players statues that will still fight it out online while 3DS is closed and tucked away in your bag. Ono feels this is another way to lower the entry barrier for those still on the fence about fighting online.

Watch the video interview below.

SSFIV 3D is part of Nintendo’s launch line up of titles, which are expected to land alongside the handheld in March.

1. deanimate

Get SSFIV onto the damn PC capcom. Christ on a stick.

2. lexph3re

if it didnt look like it performs like shit, then maybe this would open….. wow am i kidding people are going to eat this crap up. just to say they have ssf4 on the go

3. xino

I played this…and I can say it’s the definite edition to have!

the stylus screen makes the game dead easy!

this is the right version to have since it will have costumes pack, Backview fight, other features and in 3D!

The 3D is dead amazing! Better than ps3 3d

4. back_up

@1:
    PC gamers pirated shamelessly and now they are crying for PC version
    Now Pc gamers will start crying in capcom forums

5. lexph3re

@xino I don’t do easy buttons for my fighting games. Honestly I hate the easy button features they’ve incorporated in fighting games. C-stick in capcom vs snk2. I hate seeing I put all the effort in to learn everything to see a noob just easy button away.
    Whether the 3d is better then a t.v’s 3d is yet to be seen.. and over the shoulder fighting? Not interested

6. monkeygourmet

a gateway street fighter then… :)

7. xino

@lexph3re
    why should I give a damn if you want a easy button or not psbot?
    why do you even give a damn about SSF4 for 3DS if you support NGP so badly?
    just sounds to me you’re a casual troll who trolls this site.

The easy button is there for people who can’t pull off moves, forgotten the moves or new to fighting game. To bad NGP isn’t accessible for new gamers.

Yea..to bad psbot like you haven’t experience 3D gaming on 40inch via ps3 nor 3DS. So how the fark can you know which is better?

keep trolling, eventually people who visit this site will leave because they’ve had enough of people like you.

8. lexph3re

@xino what the fuck does my genre of gaming have to do with my preference of console? My statement was that the lack of effort being put in does not encourage people to learn the damn game. Do you know how many fighting game enthusiast I know that spammed the easy buttons and learned absolutely nothing about the game? To damn many, I still to this day do exhibition and local tournaments with the usual ass bites who know nothing of the game.

People like you don’t know how to choose your battles or stay on topic. Just like in the forum thread I started you couldn’t stay on topic but became and enraged little boy who knew nothing of what we were discussing. All you heard was 3ds and ngp. Your a moron and since I’ve been on this site I haven’t called anyone out like this.

Grow up little boy, and stay on subject. This has nothing to do with console favorite but how I don’t agree with the devs choice for the games direction.

9. OrbitMonkey

^ I take it the easy button is taken out for tournaments? Wouldn’t be much of a competion if it was left in surely?

10. lexph3re

It is, but I was also talking about the times I’ve played some friends and acquaintance’s that have surprised me claiming they were great then pull that number on me. And having the online with potential easy buttons online is a complete let down. Mainly because you’ll never know if they are