Resistance 3 gets extended gameplay video

Wednesday, 2nd February 2011 07:37 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Following the release of a minute-and-a-half long gameplay trailer yesterday, Sony’s now released a longer gameplay clip of Resistance 3.

Resistance 3 trailer from yesterday.

The new video is an four-minute extended version of what was released yesterday of the Insomniac shooter threequel.

The clip is also mostly made up of gameplay with a cut-scene or two thrown in for measure.

We suggest you watch the video below. The game is looking very hot, going by what we’ve seen.

Resistance 3 releases on September 6 in the US. No European date as yet.

1. Razor

Game looks far too brown, as always.

I don’t get the Resistance franchise. First one came with my PS3, and I thought it was incredibly plain.

2. Crysis

Wouldn’t like to run into a Brawler in a dark alleyway O_o

3. Gekidami

The lack of auto regenerating health is abit odd, seeing as it was in R2.

4. Erthazus

The lack of auto regenerating is a good sign that now it won’t be stupid clusterfuckness where you are imortal after 10 bullets… and boom some special regeneration and you are fine…

Back to oldschool days. Hell yeah. Insomniac devs love em.

5. NiceFellow

@3 – the regen was because you were infected with Chimera virus, from what I remember in R1 the game started with no regen then you gained it when you got infected. R2 you were infected the whole time.

Looks like here your character is no longer infected – hence no regen.

I like the old school approach I’m seeing here – no regen (at least initially anyway a’la R1) weapon wheel allowing for more varied combat and less reliance on pre-determined set pieces. Graphics look pretty good too – and for once I don’t mind the colour scheme as it makes sense for the setting and mood.

6. Renegade

I dont see it to get more than 8

7. silk

Not played any of these. Are they worth the time? Is the coop any good?

8. mojo

NO REGEN; FUCKING HE$LL!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Whos balls do i have to lick?

9. strikkebil

are u serious? game looks absolutely incredible. cant wait to get my hands on it. im almost more excited for this than U3 after seeing this video.

10. mojo

7: coop in one is basicaly the SP campain with to main chars. both play the exact same.
    on the 2nd however coop was online and it has its one sets of szenarios, so no campain coop.

but both are nice to play.

11. onlineatron

No regen is a massive plus.
    It’s also another in the ‘like Half Life 2 but…’ column. Spire exploding in background? Check! Overcast skys? Check! Feedback sounds on the alien race? Check!

Still, I am excite… It looks great!

Other footage we’ve seen doesn’t look as brown, I wouldn’t worry about the colour palette.

12. polygem

Its so awesome. Too bad i dont own a ps3 anymore…ngp port please? One of the best fps franchises this gen. So much potential. Great weapons. Gotta love insomniac. So glad they will go multiplat soon.

13. Hybridpsycho

Unfortunatley they’ll only go Multiplay for their new IP, the older IP’s won’t be affected. :p

14. onlineatron

If that.
    I’m sure Sony will strike a deal to get a new IP for PS4, I can’t see SCE letting one of their strongest developers slip through their fingers.

15. Isaaclarke37

Holly Shit!
    The game rocks the joint big time.