Report – I Am Alive to be released digitally in 2011

Tuesday, 1st February 2011 14:10 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Various outlets are reporting that Ubisoft Shanghai’s I Am Alive will be offered as a digital download title on Xbox Live and PlayStation Network later this year.

The news comes via French website JeuxVideo, which has a video posted of Assassin’s Creed producer Jade Raymond announcing the digital format and release window.

However, Ubisoft has told Eurogamer it has “not recently announced anything for I Am Alive,” and has “nothing official to announce at this time”.

Currently, the official I Am Alive website is down for maintenance with a relaunch expected at “5pm GMT/12am EST,” so it is possible more information will be provided then.

I Am Alive was first revealed as a Darkworks project at E3 2008, and was slated for release in 2009. Ubisoft Shanghai later took over the game, with Ubisoft promising in 2010 to “totally” re-engineer the product.

The first glimpse of I Am Alive in two years came last June in the form of a trailer, which promised a spring 2011 release.

Thanks, Eurogamer and NeoGAF.

1. Blerk

I’d pretty much given up hope of this one ever arriving. Possibly not going to be the blockbuster it was originally painted as, though.

2. Transgenique

This should be a rumour : Jade Raymond is only fakely quoted by one of those journalist (he said she told him last time they met (understand : they date), which is obviously a joke), but the rumour is real : I Am Alive will be available for download only this year.

3. Rain

Not that exciting

4. M2Kx

Wait what? It looked really good in the beginning, but now…

5. joshua nash

um, remind me wtf is the game about cause i forgot

6. Xenoliath

I’m convinced that this will now go down the Hydrophobia route.

7. SuperCrazyLeprechaun

@5 basically the city is in ruins and you must survive.at least i think that is what its about.

8. Bloodyghost

The Trailer did look interesting. Your not like a super solider watching this happen, your in the epicenter of this.

9. Isaaclarke37

I guess we are going to see the game after all.