Black Ops DLC First Strike launches as 360 exclusive

Tuesday, 1st February 2011 10:32 GMT By Patrick Garratt

Activision released First Strike, Call of Duty: Black Ops’ first map pack, but Microsoft has aknowledged some users have experienced problems getting their hands on the content.

First Strike’s Stadium map.

Microsoft said in a service update earlier, as reported by Destructoid:

“Users may be unable to purchase the following DLC for Call of Duty Black Ops: First Strike: Pack 1 when using the Xbox 360 console.

“This content is available in the COD Black Ops in game store and from Xbox.com. We are aware of the problem and are working to resolve the issue. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your patience.”

A look at new zombie map Ascension.

The message appears to have been removed since being initially spotted.

The content includes four new standard multiplayer maps – Berlin Wall, Discovery, Stadium and Kowloon – as well as a new zombie map in Ascension.

You can buy it from Live for 1,200MSP.

First Strike is a 360-first release, coming as part of a three-year deal between Activision and Microsoft announced at E3 last June.

1. Blerk

1200 points for a map pack is still officially ‘ridiculous’.

2. Prof.Dr.Moertel

^Indeed. it´s insolent.

3. EscoBlades

*yawn* Trash Ops.

4. Gekidami

Thats about 15€, or 10£ isnt it? Dosnt really seem like an insane price for brand new 5 maps and one new zombie senario.

Acti had to actually pay people hours to make the stuff y’know…

5. chronoss2

It’s nothing new, the 360 DLC’s will be 360 exclusive until 2012. that’s what they said at E3. I’m glad i don’t have this shitty game.

6. Shaz37k

New maps are fun

7. EvilTomato

I hate activision.. first they make it a 360 exclusive for 3 months.
    than its like 15$ for only friggin 5 maps >.> maybe if it was zombie maps I would buy it instantly.. but seriously? 15 $ for 5 maps?.. BfBc2 Vietnam was 15$ and its a new freakin game with new weapons! ><

its just a matter of time till' EA will pwn Activision
    *Battlefield 3*!

8. EvilTomato

Btw.. I love VG’S new layout :DD!

9. chronoss2

EvilTomato : it’s not the fact that EA will pwn Acti, it’s about people who have to wake up and not just swallow everything.

I’m not a big FPS fan, I only play BioShock and Killzone.

10. scuz

I hope Activision and Microsoft will be very happy together. Bye!

11. Erthazus

@Geki,
    “Acti had to actually pay people hours to make the stuff y’know…”

Mod community can make 5 maps for Black Cocks within 1 week without any problem for free.

12. Michael O’Connor

*yawn*

13. back_up

casual games for three shitty kids

14. stretch215

@ eviltomato. : bfbc2 Vietnam was 5 maps as well.5 maps and like 3 guns that you can use on them(sarcasm). I was disappointed with Vietnam as a whole and I would return it if I couldIt’s not a “whole new game”. Now, I play the shit out of battlefield, just not Vietnam. As far as black ops maps go, they are expensive, but most cod players spend at LEAST an hour a day on cod. For them $15 is worth it for endless hours, shit I spend more than that on lunch in ONE DAY. I bet this black ops map pack will outsell bfbc2 as a whole :).

15. Ge0force

Bring on the camp-fest :p

16. LORANT92

I think I’ll pass.

17. Xenoliath

Being a 360 gamer, I don’t think a month’s exclusivity on a map pack is enough to sway sales in Microsoft’s favour.

18. Patrick Garratt

I’ve added a couple of captures there.

19. MoskitoKrebs

i’ll pass!! i gonna buy Homefront insted of this one!

20. GForce14

Still have £14 leftover on the ps3 from BFBC2 : Vietnam. Might as well get the maps.

21. Dralen

£10 IS ridiculous for a few maps! Considering other developers give you full on Story DLC for about half that price. Maps can be created for free by modders.

22. Doz12

Why does everyone moan about the price? too expensive dont buy it and it will go down in price eventually!

23. DSB

@11 Yeah, they could probably do the same thing for Bad Company 2, but EA would rather sell you some crappy skins and recycled maps for 10 dollars champ.

Capitalism is a bitch like that.

24. freedoms_stain

I always lol at the ridiculous weapon stability in CoD videos. It’s the BF:BC2 Ho in me.

25. Isaaclarke37