Shogun 2 campaign movie confirms ninjas, XP, Geisha assassins

Thursday, 13th January 2011 17:04 GMT By Patrick Garratt

shogun23

Sega’s put out an excellent campaign video for Shogun 2, showing the turn-based map elements, real-time combat and political cut-scenes.

Ninjas and Geisha assassins will be making a return to the series, and Shogun 2 is now confirmed to be bringing XP points for characters to Total War for the first time.

There’s lots of political cut-scene type stuff here, and a bit with a ninja dripping poison down a string, like that bit in You Only Live Twice where the woman gets killed instead of James Bond.

There’s no denying the quality here. This really does look brilliant, assuming strategy’s your bag.

Check it out. It hits PC on March 15.

1. Erthazus

I so fucking want this.

Shogun is my favourite setting EVER for the medieval era stuff.

People, who played Shogun one, remember stupid videos? They are so hillarious.

I hope someone will play it from VG247 community. We can battle together for some time.

2. Grimrita

after the last 3 TW outtings, this is OFF my shopping list for a day 1 purchase. Such a shame what has happened to the series recently.

I really would like to see more expansions, half decent dlc and other exciting things, instead of the traditional bug filled experience, shocking AI, uninspiring DLC and limited expansions.

3. NinjaMidget

I personally can’t wait for this! I just hope my laptop won’t cough, splutter and die on me!

It’s on Erthazus!

4. A4-F8

about 9 or 10 years ago i have played the first one

good old days ^^

5. Uncontested

Day 1 purchase. I’ve never had a problem running any of the TW games on day one. I find it so funny people who overstate the “seriousness” of bugs in games. Sure Empire was a little laggy on release, still playable. Napoleon was fine, same with Med II.