Wed, Jan 05, 2011 | 15:37 GMT
Camel 101 announces sci-fi RTS Gemini Wars
Camel 101 has announced it’s to release a new sci-fi RTS called Gemini Wars on Mac and PC during this year’s Q4.
In Gemini Wars, players don the helmet of a fleet commander in the United Space Federation forces, and must lead a small group of frigates before eventually controlling “battleships, carriers and planetary bases”.
Huge space battles and boarding actions are promised as you build space stations and orbital facilities to “fortify your position, build your fleet, extract minerals and research upgrades,” while executing boarding actions using marine special forces, and bombarding your enemies with “orbital long range cannons”.
Here’s the storyline:
Decades have passed since war erupted between the United Space Federation and the Alliance of Free Worlds.A bloody conflict that seemed to have reached a stalemate is now about to change, when a third faction suddenly appears. Take control of a fleet commander returned from exile, and join an epic war across the stars.
Game features include:
- Three unique factions, with different units and strategies.
- Epic single player campaign.
- Ability to control fleets of starships, space stations and planets.
- Research tree leading to powerful units and upgrades.
- Cinematic battle camera.
- Multiplayer action providing endless re-playability.
- Unique gameplay providing a refreshing twist to the RTS genre.
Plenty of screenshots are available over on its official website, and there’s a nice looking teaser trailer posted below.