Dance Central gets new trailer, tracklist

Thursday, 14th October 2010 12:06 GMT By Johnny Cullen

dancecentral1

If you do end up getting Kinect next month, and you buy only one game, this is probably the one to buy.

MTV Games has released a new trailer and the tracklist of Harmonix dancer Dance Central.

The tracklist features the already revealed Lady Gaga, No Doubt and Bell Biv DeVoe, as well as Beastie Boys, Kool & The Gang, Dirty Vegas and more.

Full traclist is below, as is the trailer. It shows off how you can hit that, innit.

Dance Central will launch with Kinect on November 4 in the US and November 10 in Europe.

• Audio Push – “Teach Me How To Jerk”
  • Lady Gaga – “Just Dance”
  • Basement Jaxx – “Rendez-vu”
  • Lady Gaga – “Poker Face”
  • Beastie Boys – “Body Movin’ (Fatboy Slim Remix)”
  • Lipps Inc – “Funky Town”
  • Beenie Man – “King Of The Dancehall”
  • M.I.A. – “Galang ‘05”
  • Bell Biv DeVoe – “Poison”
  • Nelly Furtado – “Maneater”
  • Benny Benassi – “Satisfaction
  • Nina Sky – “Move Ya Body”
  • Cascada – “Evacuate the Dancefloor”
  • No Doubt – “Hella Good”
  • Christina Milian – “Dip It Low”
  • Pitbull – “I Know You Want Me (Calle Ocho)”
  • The Commodores – “Brick House”
  • Quad City DJ’s – “C’mon N’ Ride It (The Train)”
  • Craig Mack – “Flava In Ya Ear (Remix)”
  • Rihanna – “Pon de Replay”
  • Dirty Vegas – “Days Go By”
  • Salt-N-Pepa – “Push It”
  • Eric B. & Rakim – “Don’t Sweat the Technique”
  • Snoop Dogg/Pharrell – “Drop It Like It’s Hot”
  • Fannypack – “Hey Mami”
  • Soulja Boy Tell ‘Em – “Crank That (Soulja Boy)”
  • Jay Sean ft. Lil Wayne – “Down”
  • Technotronic – “Pump Up the Jam”
  • Kool & The Gang – “Jungle Boogie”
  • Wreckx-n-Effect – “Rump Shaker”
  • Kylie Minogue – “Can’t Get You Out of My Head”
  • Young MC – “Bust A Move”

1. Psychotext

Good job I’ve got boatloads of self confidence, because I’m going to look such a prat playing this. :D

2. get2sammyb

I watched people playing this at Eurogamer and I didn’t really get it. I still don’t really understand the difference between “playing” this and copying the music videos on MTV. There were three people huddled around the game but there was no indication of who was playing, who was being tracked and whether the person “playing” was doing well or not.

I guess I didn’t get the “game” part of it all. There appears to be some kind of score in this trailer, so I’m assuming there is a game in this and it’s not just copying a CGI character.

Either way, this is totally not my cup of tea so I’m not really bothered.

I think I get why people are excited for it, but I don’t really see how the target audience would be more hyped for this than – say – a Just Dance. At the end of the day both games boil down to copying an on-screen avatar’s dance moves. Sure Just Dance can’t really track your body — but do the target audience really care what the “game part” is doing?

I guess I don’t really understand the hype. But like I already said, it’s not for me. That’s fine!

3. DSB

Boatloads of confidence?

This guy:

4. Blerk

Yikes, double Gaga. Must keep the youngest out of the loop.

There’s a whole bunch of stuff on there that I’ve never even heard of. I guess I’m too old to understand what’s ‘down with the kids’, right?

/hums “Pump Up the Jam”

5. Psychotext

@2: It’s scored and starred, just like Rock Band / Guitar hero / Singstar. The principal is identical, except instead of hitting drums / buttons / singing… you’re dancing.

As for indications, well, you have the ring underneath the “avatar” (which shows good, bad, flawless etc) and the score / stars on the beatbox.

Edit – A significant chunk of that track list is 90s music Blerk. I guess you were out of it back then too. ;)

6. Blerk

The 90s for me were Madchester, Britpop, indie rock scene. Not much good for dancing, those – you basically just had to look at your feet and bob up and down.

7. Psychotext

“bob up and down”

Blerk, in the 90s: (NSFW) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kd2m2r0HzqU&p=135579505433FFA6&playnext=1&index=29

8. Blerk

Damn you, now I need to remember to come back later to see how you insulted me! :-D

9. Tonka

Is this a Kinect game?

@8 He had made a video of himself mooning at the camera. Quite clever there Psycho.

/goes to record video of self doing the twirly finger/facepalm and moon to use in future posts

10. Psychotext

I have one hell of an ass, I must say. :D

11. Tonka

agrees ;)

12. Psychotext

Unrelated to my ass… how the hell are you supposed to dance to this, short of looking generally sexy at the camera?

13. Johnny Cullen

Phft.

You’re all amateurs compared to my stuff in Cologne.

14. Psychotext

/bows down

15. Blerk

Hey, nobody can stare at their shoes as good as me!

16. DJ Deathstar

Haha that trailer is awesome all i could think of the whole thing was the espisode of Scrubs were Turk does that dance

17. Johnny Cullen

That’s amazing! XD :D

18. James Mac

Needs more Daft Punk… and techno in general.

19. Psychotext

Techno isn’t really known for its standout dance routines.

/waves lightsticks
    /blows whistle

Daft Punk’s Around the World would have been fun, with a spare staircase in my room anyway. :D

20. DJ Deathstar

@Psycho
    That would be awesome!

21. Psychotext

\o/

(But only if I get a space suit)

22. DJ Deathstar

i’ll be either a dancing skeleton or mummy