Castlevania: LoS Collector’s Edition “not cancelled,” says Konami

Wednesday, 6th October 2010 10:41 GMT By Johnny Cullen

castlevania los ce

Konami’s told VG247 the Collector’s Edition for Castlevania: Lords of Shadow has not been cancelled.

The publisher’s just clarified to us as well, though it’s “going to be out later” then the game’s release in the UK on Friday.

Earlier, UK retailer GAME pulled the CE of the Mercury Steam title from its website, with a tweet from the company saying.

Castlevania fans! Lords of Shadow Collector’s Ed has been pulled by the publisher and is no longer happening.”

The GAME website now shows only the standard, normal editions of the Mercury Steam actioner for PS3 and 360.

We’ve just captured the first 15 minutes of the game from a 360 retail build. That’ll go up shortly.

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow launches on Friday for PS3 and 360.

1. Blerk

Wasn’t too impressed with the demo of this last night. :-(

2. abnormal alan

same here i’ve been really looking forward to it but something just seemed ‘off’ i think it was the fixed camera always being so far away

3. RETARDED VIKING

@1,2 BUY IT demo is nothing compared to the full game :D if still skeptical get it used.

4. Johnny Cullen

Updated with comment from Konami. It’s still happening, but it’ll release later then Friday.

5. abnormal alan

I still think i’ll be getting it for my birthday off my Mrs but I was just a bit disappointed by the demo. To be honest I just dont think the demo showed off enough

6. RETARDED VIKING

@5 hell no that game is massive

7. RETARDED VIKING

They should’ve done the demo about near the end of chapter 2.

8. Omeganex9999

Guys, the demo is nothing. I’m far in the game and you have NO idea of all the content of this Castlevania. Many combos, different power-ups, different creatures to fight (and to mount). Seriously, this game is a masterpiece and is VERY long. The demo disappointed me too, just to be clear. ;)

9. abnormal alan

I heard the game was really long which is def a good thing. I love the God of War games but they just aren’t long enough. When a game only has single player you really want to know you’re getting your moneys worth.

Also does anyone have anymore info on which is the better version yet as I could get either?

10. RETARDED VIKING

Well i kept hearing the 360 version has more slow down and fram rate issues but i’ve yet to encounter any and i thought the PS3 version was a bit grainy looking but still played and looked great. i think any console will due.

11. Blerk

I didn’t see any frame rate issues at all, but I did see some really horrible graphics. They’re super-detailed but there’s no antialiasing at all as far as I can tell and everything just looks sharp and janky and… ugh.

Ditto the sound quality on the voiceovers – it’s AWFUL! Captain Picard sounds like he recorded his lines in a biscuit tin.

Add to that the fact that at least half of the time I seemed to be attacking things that were off-screen and I think I’ll give this one a miss. If the nasty graphics and sound turn out to be better in the full release I might pick it up out of the bargain bin.

12. Blerk

And the horse bits were shit.

13. Blerk

Ha – what’s the point in even doing the Collector’s Edition if it’s not going to make release day? :-D

14. Robo_1

A SE releasing after the normal release date is just ming boggling. Surely SE’s are going to sell to the biggest fans of the franchise, and so also the people who want the game first.

I seriously hope this isn’t a scheme designed to get big fans to double dip, ala film releases which seem to have endless special edition re-releases.

15. M2Kx

Not interested at all, Camera is the worst crap :/

16. Kigaroth

Well that’s just great… What’s the point of releasing a SE after the games original release? Obiously when we pre-order a SE, is to obtain the best edition of the game. Otherwise we would not care!

17. OlderGamer

To be honest I didn’t expect this to turn out any differently. As for what I thought about it, see Blerks posts.

18. Gheritt White

Sounds like a good game, just wish it wasn’t so long!

19. Moonwalker1982

@ 18?

Wait…you must mean ‘Just glad it’s so long’ right? Otherwise i don’t get that. My main complaint about many games these days is that they are too short, not all but alot. Kane & Lynch 2 was ridiculously short for example. Splinter Cell wasn’t too long neither.

It’s a BIG positive that LoS is so long, unless it starts to become boring but i highly doubt that. Tomorrow i’m gonna start with it, i just received an email from the webshop that they sent my copy to my house, awesome!1!!

20. Psychotech

The game is massive and very good, you will get your moneys worth for sure.
    The demo does injustice to the whole game believe me.
    GoW,Dante’s Inferno,Darksiders are nothing compared to this.One of the best action-adventure games out there.If you are a fan of this genre don’t miss this.

21. spiderLAW

I so want this game.
    And the decision has finally been made (by my wife)….its a PS3 buy.

22. Psychotech

spiderLaw it is really an amazing game hope you’ll enjoy it and come back and tell your impressions.
    As for versions a friend of mine has it on the 360 instead and there is actually disc swapping even if you install the first disc.i went with the ps3 no problems so far,everything is smooth and there’s no installation

here’s a decent video review where the guy reviews the game for what it is and what it offers to the gamer.although he uses fuck way too much and sounds a little bit annoying but it’s a good review :P

23. spiderLAW

PTech, i am going to buy it, as soon as i can scrounge up some money (really hurting for it right now). I have to buy my brother RB3 and keytar first for his birthday, then PS Move for my Wife, and then MAYBE i can finally get this game. Hopefully i can get it before black Ops is out. My wife seriously needs to get back to working lol (She’s an R.N. :P )

24. Jinkazam

Just ordered my Collector’s edition from videogameplus.ca
    For those who can’t wait, this seems to be the best alternative ;)

25. AHA-Lambda

just point out game has never had this LE on their site so it was never really pulled =/

i’ll need to see price and date before i consider this tho may just go with standard edition; shame cos i was will to get the LE for this

26. Dr.Ghettoblaster

For anyone on the fence about this game, i was home sick yesterday and played it most of the day, BUY IT. It’s some really good next gen stuff.

You HAVE to experience it for yourself. If you like action adventure games, you will enjoy it. It’s very impressive and keeps getting better with each new level!!!

I don’t know what the reviewers are talking about either, it totally feels like a modern Castlevania to me, it’s a reboot what do you expect?! I loved the cell shaded Prince of Persia “reboot” and that had nothing to do with the series either…

27. LOLshock94

there would be a ps3 pic wont there….