Tekken Tag Tournament 2 announced at TGS

Saturday, 18th September 2010 18:20 GMT By Johnny Cullen

ttt2

Namco Bandai’s announced Tekken Tag Tournament 2 at TGS.

Not a lot of details were dropped on it, but it’ll get an arcade release in Japan next summer.

No other releases for other regions have been discussed, but a western release as well as an appearance on the consoles weren’t ruled out.

The publisher released a debut trailer of it, featuring Jin and Asuka teaming up against Kazuya and Leo. Get it below.

The original Tekken Tag Tournament launched as an arcade title, as well as becoming a launch title for PS2 back in 2000.

Thanks, Game Informer.

1. Debabrata Nath

Nice, I hope it sees a console release aswell. Here’s some additional info about the game –

“TTT2 will follow the same control scheme as the original Tekken Tag Tournament: One stick for movement and 5 action buttons. As seen in the teaser, there will be tag combos involving both characters tagging in and out-in succession to complete multi-hit combos/juggles. Walled stages remain and breakable walls/floors are still in the game. New mechanics and stage features will also be implemented. As seen in the trailer, there are some possible unique attacks depending on the character teams that are chosen (Ex. Jin & Asuka).”

2. Johnny Cullen

I was completely obsessed with the original TTT on the PS2.

Hopefully, this should be just as decent.

3. onlineatron

I’m slowly, but surely, starting to hate Japanese developers.

If it wasn’t for stuff like The Last Guardian and Catherine I would have sworn of them all together.

Trailers like this are not appealing to me. They seem hastily put together and kinda stupid. I wonder if it’s just my western mind and if this does appeal to a Japanese audience?

4. Max Pain

Tekken tag omg … I LOVE the first one, the best tekken to date !

5. Michael O’Connor

People should probably take into consideration that, whilst this is Tekken Tag, it’s very likely going to have the exact same mechanics as Tekken 6. The only thing it’s likely to have in common in the tag mechanic.

6. osric90

I would have preffered a lot to wait good years for Tekken 7. Tekken 6 was a dissapointment. Tekken 5 is the best yet, when they get a better graphics engine and a lot of stuff more…I’ll be excited. Anyway, I have every single Tekken game so this one is a must buy for me…but I know I’ll be stopping the play at the 7th day.

7. Unlimax

The logo Was SO Creative :D !

can’t wait ..

8. AHA-Lambda

@5 – i hope you are wrong =(

tekken 6 was easily the worst tekken and tekken tag was easily the best!! :D

This news has made my day, the only thing i need now is a ZOE3 announcement ;)

9. ReeceHeywood

See how it goes but after the huge disappointment of Tekken 6 I might wait for the Street Fighter x Tekken titles.

10. Michael O’Connor

@ people disappointed with Tekken 6. What’s wrong? Can’t kick people’s asses with lazy 10 hit combos anymore?

Tekken 6 is mechanically superior to any of the prwvious Tekken titles, and it’s also easily the most balanced iteration of the franchise to date.

Still a poor man’s Virtua Fighter at the end of the day though.

11. LOLshock94

andgrizzly adams has a beard

12. thefaulkness

thats a lot of t’s ….

13. Gheritt White

Day one purchase, no questions asked!