SCEA sending out Beta invites for Dead Nation

Tuesday, 24th August 2010 22:50 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

deadnation

SCEA has started sending out invites for a Dead Nation Beta, which is the PSN-exclusive being worked on by Super Stardust HD devs Housemarque.

According to the invite, per Joystiq: “All you need to do is make sure you are signed in to the PSN while trying to kill as many dirt-ridden flesh sacks as possible!”

Killing a bunch of “dirt-ridden flesh sacks” sounds like a lot of fun when you put it like that.

The Beta is scheduled to end on September 3, and the invites were sent out at random it seems, so check your e-mail to see if you received one.

Meanwhile, check out a couple trailers for the game below.

Dead Nation is slated for a fall release.

1. Gekidami

Does this digital game REALLY need a beta? :/

Its been in the making longer then some ‘full’, disc-based games. Just release it already.

2. Aimless

Yeah, screw those guys for testing out their new online functionality before charging people for their product.

3. onlineatron

The beta is local only.

That rung alarm bells for me at first, but then I remembered House Marque have the whole persistent online functionality in the game. If I remember correctly it allows play time, scores etc to be uploaded to a database which will then contribute to your country’s fight against the Zombie horde; I’d assume they’re stress testing that.

… Wish I was invited to the beta :(

4. poopoofruits

heheheeh i got one : D

5. onlineatron

You PSN+?

6. night_tripper

i got my closed beta code at midnight pacific time last night :P

7. onlineatron

Damn you and your parody username!

8. poopoofruits

yea im psn+

9. azmza

No coop!, i wonder if its has coop mode.

10. Zarckan

I’ve been playing this on and off for a while and tbh I’ve no idea why it’s been in Dev for so long :/

It’s also fucking boring after a while

11. StolenGlory

Call me ignorant, but apart from the skewed viewpoint, I don’t really understand what makes this different from other similar digital downloadable offerings such as Zombie Apocalypse.

12. blacktouch007

oh great another Zombie Apocalypse. how many zombie games are there at this point? its the same theme over and over again