Castlevania: Lords of Shadow coming this fall [Update]

Thursday, 17th June 2010 03:24 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

lordsofshadow

Update: Now with more E3 trailer!

Original: Konami announced that Mercury Steam’s take on the Castlevania franchise, Lords of Shadow will be released this fall.

It’s slated for PS3 and Xbox 360.

Here’s some gameplay footage of it over on YouTube.

We’re still waiting on the trailer that was shown at the conference.

When we get it, we’ll put it up.

Expect it this autumn then, we reckon.

1. iDaAr

I don’t like Castlevania. It’s boring, I think.

2. theevilaires

This one looks good iDaAr so at least rent it.

3. iDaAr

Maybe I’ll do that. But there are other really good games on the market.

4. spiderLAW

This looks incredible!!! so much fun looking!!!
    But like iDaAr said, there are too many great games coming out that i might just have to wait on this one.

5. Blerk

It looks sort of “God of War meets Darksiders”. And not too bad. But not very Castlevania. :-|

6. Gheritt White

This game looks to me to be the very definition of EPIC. With both this and Enslaved coming out, it looks like my favourite gaming genre will be very well served indeed!

7. The Hindle

Holy shit sold!!!!!

8. Blerk

I like the look of this more than Enslaved, although that didn’t look too bad in the video I saw the other day either, despite some pretty nasty clipping issues.

9. DaMan

nah, thanks I’ll pass. don’t really need any more games like that.

maybe if it actually looked like Castlevania I’d give it a try though.

10. Blerk

Of course, there’s always Harmony of Despair for XBLA…

11. The Hindle

The problem is if this looked more like Castlevania it wouldnt work as other attempts of bringing this franchise to 3d have failed. Thats why they have rebooted it.

12. DaMan

silly, what does the art style have to do with it??

those games were just half assed, while this reboot isn’t even aimed at Castlevania fans.

13. The Hindle

Its a bit stupid if youre not gonna buy a game because of the art style, i diont like Gears art style but the gameplay in those games is top notch, and the gameplay in this is looking amazing.

14. DaMan

seriously, it’s ‘stupid’ that I don’t want to try another title in an oversaturated genre, which looks unappelaing to me as well?

it doesn’t look amazing in any way. just another Pop and/or GoW game.

15. The Hindle

Ahh well to each is own i suppose.

16. DaMan

of course.

17. Telepathic.Geometry

This game looks like a great way to spend a quite weekend in autumn/winter. ^_^

18. Dynamo8

WOW I’m sensing a lot of hate on this article. It’s funny though, most of the Castlevania fans are complaining about this game already and yet they only make up a very small portion of the gaming industry. Look around people, fans of specific franchises are very small compared to the larger population of the gaming industry…so only the minority of the groups are the bitter ones.