Rumor: Mr. Freeze, Talia al Ghul to appear in Arkham Asylum 2

Tuesday, 20th April 2010 20:42 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

mrfreeze

Two-Face not enough for you, Batman? How about some Mr. Freeze and your lovely honey Talia al Ghul?

Both may be coming to Arkham Asylum 2 if a report over on Gaming Target is on the money.

According to the site, Maurice LaMarche, also known as The Brain from the “Pinky and the Brain”, is set to voice Victor Fries/Mr. Freeze.

This is according to LaMarche himself, who revealed his part during a interview with GeekCast Radio Network.

“Videogames is hard work, I’ll say that,” said LaMarche. “I’ve only done a handful, and I’m very lucky right now, I’m about to go in and do Mr. Freeze for Arkham Asylum 2.

“He’s out for blood right now because, err… I can’t tell you the situation, but he’s actually somewhat a sympathetic character within the framework of the game.”

As if that was not enough Batman goodness for you, according to a couple Twitter posts by actress Stana Katic, she’s the voice of Talia Head/Talia al Ghul in the game.

“Just recorded a character voice on the next Batman video game”, she tweeted. “Never did that before. Helpful hint: plenty of water and pineapple slices” …..For those who were asking: I’m voicing Talia al Ghul, the daughter of Ra al Ghul (played by Liam Neeson in “Batman Begins”).”

Both tweets have been deleted.

Warner’s confirmed it’s to publish the  Batman: Arkham Asylum 2, not Square Enix Europe, which was announced during the VGAs.

No date yet.

Thanks, Joystiq.

1. Erthazus

Mr. Freeze. Yaaay. :D

2. Bulk Slash

As long as Mr Freeze’s dialogue isn’t based on Batman & Robin…

“You won’t send me to the cooler!” etc

3. cookiejar

@2 LOL. Classic.

‘Well Well Well. Isn’t this a FROSTY reception you’ve given me, Batman’

4. Demiath

For a moment there I thought they meant Tali (without an A) from Mass Effect 2…

5. DJ Deathstar

I couldn’t pick just one freeze quote so here

6. The Hindle

I really hope all the other superheros get thier own games that are not shit made about them someday. There is big potential for a Xmen game for example.

7. DJ Deathstar

Xmen had one, the Xmen arcade game! Fuck that game is awesome!

8. Gekidami

I wonder if any of the fights against these new villains will have you hit them in the face with a batarang as they charge resulting in them hitting a wall. The devs really seemed to love that idea for the first game.

9. The Hindle

Aye Geki thats why im hoping they look at Metal Gear or God of War for influence in designing a decent boss battle.

10. xino