Tue, Mar 02, 2010 | 22:58 GMT
Hefty Tropico 3 expansion announced with screens
Kalypso has announced that Tropico 3: Absolute Power, the first official expansion pack to Tropico 3, will be available across Europe and the US in May for PC.
Players will be returning to the island paradise of Tropico to experience being a powerful overlord as the benevolent (or malevolent) ruler ‘El Presidente’ while enjoying a whole new series of adventures and islands.
Here’ what you’ll get:
- New campaign featuring 10 missions on a separate map with 10 islands also available in sandbox mode
- 6 new buildings (including Garbage Dump, Marina, Small Garage, Children’s Playground etc) and a new buildings category for current and new decorations with individual icons mode
- 10 new Megalomania edicts – demonstrate your absolute power by ordering the construction of a huge golden statue of Tropico’s top export, declaring an annual festival dedicated to yourself or even print your own money!
- 6 Landmarks – Build huge decorations and buildings which dominate the island landscape and make each island unique.
- New faction – The new Loyalist faction are your die hard supporters and want no elections (since you’re obviously the best candidate) and want a statue of you on every corner!
- Faction Disasters – Low standing with any island faction will trigger new disasters if not addressed
- New Intro and Win/Lose Cutscenes
- 4 Additional Avatar Costumes – 2 for male and 2 for female avatars
- Beautification upgrades for the presidential palace including rooftop pool, extra towers, flags, banners and a larger balcony (which will increase the effects of balcony speeches)
- More icons displaying the status of buildings and displaying input/output storage numbers for selected buildings
- Prevalent faction – In every sandbox game one faction is chosen as “prevalent” on the island. Members of this faction will be especially numerous throughout the entire game and their satisfaction will be more important than usual
- More Radio Announcements to guide you through Tropico’s daily life
- Gravel roads – Second type of road for rural areas with decreased travel speed
Tropico 3: Absolute Power is currently in development by Haemimont Games and when it hits in May, it will run you £19.99/$19.99.
No word yet on whether the 360 version is getting the same update or not, but we’ll ask for you.
Enjoy the screens.