THQ says its titles are something other publishers “would be envious of”

Wednesday, 17th February 2010 18:06 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

saints row 2

THQ CEO Brian Farrell has revealed that the company’s internal developments are something that the other publishers “would be envious of”.

Speaking in an interview with IGN, Farrell feels that because the company does kids games so well, that those games are what it is associated with the most.

However, he feels that this association is about to change.

“One of the things I think is a little misunderstood — and this is one of the things that we need to get out in front of a little bit — is that EA, Activision, Ubisoft, and Take-Two all do kids games and because we’ve done them so well, sometimes people associate us more with that,” he said.

“But if you look at some of the things we’ve delivered to core gamers, I think the core gamers are actually really figuring it out now. Even some of the consumer feedback we’ve gotten on a game like Darksiders — it’s awesome. And then think about what we have coming in front of us. Homefront. The next Red Faction. The Warhammer 40K MMO. Saints Row 3.

“People can say what they want, but we’ve got a pipeline that I think those guys would be envious of — and we’re doing it internally.”

During the same interview, Farrell revealed that E3 for the company this was going to be a good one, with upcoming core titles being shown for the first time, along with its Warhammer 40K MMO.

1. Psychotext

Well that’s a disturbing image.

2. SunKing

Awesome screenshot. Now on to read the story. :D

3. Thinktank

Not to say that many of their games haven’t rocked my socks, but I do remember about 1/4 of thier games (EDIT DEUX: That I bought, and not in my opinion, in metacritic’s) sucked ass. “Be envious of our ass-sucking prowess, EA!” EDIT: Early games, folks, not newer ones. New ones are the sock-rocking ones :P

4. SunKing

It’s true that THQ have made some really good games recently. It’s strange, I’ve never viewed them as a “kiddie” publisher, and, up until now, I never knew what their initials stood for (Toy Head-Quarters).

5. DJ Deathstar

It does seem that they are starting to turn a corner and release some decent games such as UFC and Darksiders and interesting looking games to come such as Metro, Homefront etc

6. Thinktank

@ 5.: Indeed they are. In fact, those are 2 of my most looked forward to titles of ’10.

7. DaMan

@DJ Metro isn’t an internal developed title I think.

edit: yeah, just checked, it’s that ukrainian game 4A games started working on ages ago.

8. RGW1982

Saints Row 3, Homefront, UFC Undisputed 2010… All Great Titles Any Publisher Would Love To Have.

9. Gheritt White

I thoroughly enjoyed Conan – its fixed cinematic camera was one one of the best examples of its type this gen.

I’m well looking forward to their 40K games, too – a CRPG and an MMO sound like two insta-buys, AFAICT.