Concept Art from EA games shows Road Rash revamp

Saturday, 6th February 2010 20:25 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

roadrashconcept

Leaked concept art for EA’s Road Rash revamp, along with other internal titles has popped up on the net.

Posted on the blog of concept artist Ross Dearsley, there’s loads to be gawked at, including an Oliver Twist game, one called Gunhead, aliens, alien invasions, Crystal Mech, one called Hurikan, and one showing off a city in the trees.

What looked to be a leaked Road Rash video surfaced back in October, and now the concept arts proves it was at least in the “thinking” process.

Since the art has surfaced, more than likely all these projects are canceled, but it’s worth a follow-up with EA anyway – even if it’s a “no comment”.

Shame. We kind of liked the looks of that city in the trees.

1. No_PUDding

I’m sure that it’ll happen eventually, a Road Rash sequel that is.

They just need to recaprute, what was special about the first. That is… The speed, corners and combat elements, as opposed to anything vaguely navigational.

Open world Road Rash would never work.

I am more interested in the Oliver Twist concept they had going on though.

2. Alakratt

Damn…Road Rash…man that brings a lot of good memories!

3. GwynbleiddiuM

with tears in my eyes, I finally found a reason to like EA :’)

4. twitcane

I can see that vg247 has a pool of great and cool artists. I just want to pose a question that I think would concern a lot of your artist. If you found someone having your own artwork in his web page background for example and have it as his own, what will you do? Do you consider it already a theft or it is just an admiration of your work?

I am still making my way to becoming a graphic artist, and to avoid doing such on my practice at creating a page background design on my twitter, I just choose between good professional twitter backgrounds and retro twitter backgrounds. I have had used two nice and somehow artistic professional twitter backgrounds on my previous tweets. I think that would be good for now.

What can you say about this issue?

I hope you could help me with my research that I will use for writing my paper on art criticism.

5. Blerk

The only artists on VG247 are piss artists.