Sat, Jan 30, 2010 | 17:11 GMT
FireSky announces Stargate: Resistance for PC
FireSky, those behind the Stargate MMO, announced on its official website that Stargate: Resistance will be released onto PC February 10.
Kind of out of left field there – for us at least.
Last we heard, there was trouble brewin’ over financial finding for the MMO, but it looks like the troubles with MGM weren’t enough to keep a third-person shooter based on the sci-fi series from being created.
In the game, players will have the chance to be either Stargate Command or the System Lords as they use the Stargate to travel intergalactically across the universe.
Here’s the game description:
- Dominance: Battle for control of the galaxy as either the SGC or System Lords, wresting power away from your foes with each glorious victory
- Dial It Up: Spearhead the assault by charging through the Stargate into enemy territory–drawn straight from the amazing Stargate series
- Tactical Battle: Work with your teammates to defeat enemy players in a variety of multiplayer modes including Team Death Match, Capture the Tech, and of course, Domination
- Game Play Variety: Master all 6 classes and use their unique abilities to turn the tide of battle. Earn experience with each class to advance through the ranks
- True Stargate Weapons: Play with a vast array of weapons including the P90, Proximity Mines, Staff weapons, Sniper Rifle, .50 MG Turret and Anti-Cloak Sight, Ribbon Device and Ash’rak Death Knives
- Spectacular Visuals: Experience battlefields with jaw-dropping textures and lighting rendered by the Unreal 3 engine
- Expanding Universe: New content including maps, weapons, and classes enter the fray through future expansions
Over on the official website, you can pre-order the game and get exclusive Armor, Weapons and Emotes for both the Soldier and Goa’uld classes.