Square release English dub of TGS FFXIII trailer

Friday, 2nd October 2009 17:53 GMT By Johnny Cullen

ffxiii3

Square Enix has released the English dub of the Final Fantasy XIII trailer released earlier this week from the Tokyo Game Show.

Everything makes sense now, what with the confusing translation and even more confusing Japanese out the window. Still looks awesome though.

It’s after the jump.

December 17 in Japan for PS3. Spring 2010 in the West for PS3 and 360.

1. Phoenixblight

Really think this will hit March/April usually it takes them a month or so after the Japan release to start releasing English Dubbed version.

Its La Cie btw. The combat is still in japanese. The voices will take getting used to. I don’t particularly like Vanille VA…

2. Jadeskye

Well we know the voice work is being done concurrently, which is a step up from the old days. localisation shouldn’t be too bad but final fantasy games are reknowned for their huge scripts.

potentially up to june 2010.

3. Phoenixblight

I just don’t think it will be that late. With FFX they released it 6 months later because of the localisation. Kitase said they would be doing it at the same time and will make the process go faster and they also stated its planned for Early spring for Westerners

4. Monk

anybody than me think the Japanese Version is more Better than this :D ?

the man form the enemies with white hair have creepy voice.

5. Phoenixblight

My only gripe is Vanille voice.

6. Hunam

I really like the voice actors in this.

My levels of pumped are now off the charts!

7. Michael O'Connor

I know that voice actress for Serah, but I can’t for the life of me place who it is…

8. Jadeskye

I’ll be getting the 360 version but if the PS3 version had japanese voice overs with subs i’d buy a ps3 tommorow.

9. Johnny Cullen

Is it just me or does Serah’s voice have an Austrailian feel to it?

10. ecu

I hope this doesn’t come out until next summer.

11. Blerk

Apparently this lady here is the English dub voice of Serah. She was also the voice of Ashe in FFXII and…. dozens of other voices in games.

12. Blerk

Well, that was pretty great. The voices all seem to fit quite nicely.

13. tatsujin

Shit dubs. WTB Japanese voices. For some fucking odd reason, we don’t get it because the 360′s lack of extra space. We get screwed over. What more, probably the content was chopped, too.

14. Dralen

I thought all the voices were pretty good. I don’t think I would want to play this game in subtitles for the whole game, my mind would just lose focus and I would probably miss something important.

Oh and BTW just so i’m clear im a big fan of japanese animes, so I usually listen to them in japanese and read the subtitles. But in a case like Final Fantasy where the story is realllly long, I just want to listen in my native tongue.