Fat Princess players experiencing lag, Sony looking into it

Saturday, 1st August 2009 22:05 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

fatprincess

Fat Princess latency issues are occurring with the game, and Sony is aware of the problem and working on a solution.

“We are aware that some customers are experiencing connection issues and are working to address this asap,” a company spokesperson told G4. “If there are lag issues during a game, there will be a snail image in the lower left corner.

“It is advised that if this snail appears for more than 30 seconds, the player should try another game.”

No word on when the lag will be fixed, so in the meantime just hang tight.

More through the link.

1. Bleak Harvest

This happened during BETA.

However, when it works, I’m having too much fun to care — even if I do rage hard when it fails on me.

2. Suikoden Fan

i’m with the crowd refusing to buy it due to the £2 extra uk people are being charged when compared to america’s price.

3. Bleak Harvest

Find a place that imports PSN cards?

4. Gamoc

I bet Sony are really depressed due to your boycotting, Suikoden Fan. I’m absolutely certain that they’re not completely indifferent. Honest.

5. Komond_Deckard

More than the lag while playing (I’ve seen that snail sometimes and even with that lag was not so horrible and just for a while) the worst problem is finding a game. I can’t remember how many times I saw: “You wasn’t able to connect the leader” (or whatever it’s called in English).

Anyway, games are so long that, even taking a lot of time connecting, then you can play hours without any problem, as long as you have no need to connect another leader.

It needs too some fix for problems like dissapearing princess, it happens twice (I played long time so it’s not that much). When a princess dissapears it’s impossible to win a game, sometimes even for both teams.

6. Suikoden Fan

@gamoc like i care what sony thinks, they just treat europe like shit when compared to the us since forever. all i’m saying is i’m not willing to let sony screw me around like too many people on the internet are.

7. Michael O'Connor

I think you missed Gareth’s point entirely, Suikoden Fan.

£2 is not going to break your bank.

This whole thing that you’re getting so pent up about is what is commonly referred to as “making a mountain out of a molehill.”

8. Suikoden Fan

its the exchange rate thing i hate, how can watchmen be 15 dollars and ten pounds here, but fp cant

9. Michael O'Connor

Because the company publishing the game decided to price it so?

Why is Rag Doll Kung-Fu free on the US store but costs money in the EU store? Because that’s the pricing the company decided to go with it.

It doesn’t change the fact that it’s only TWO BLOODY POUND. You’re boycotting a game over £2? Seriously? Got some perspective.

10. Suikoden Fan

rag doll was free due to a us company (sprint) paying for it to be for some advertisement. sprint are not in europe so they woudln’t do that here, thats just plain logic. anyone could afford the two pound its the bloody principal i’m behind. if you let two pound here sound ok and two pound there you’ll end up with ten pound over in the end and it could constantly rise to 20, 30 etc, all those 2 pounds add up, i will not support this.

11. Hunam

FOR TOMORROW!

12. anasui

Mike, it’s more a matter of principle. Yeah two pounds are nothing, but if it’s nothing then they shouldn’t even be there. Some people become pretty radical about such matters, but I applaud them

13. Michael O'Connor

“Yeah, Suikoden Fan, fuck you for having principles and sticking to them. I mean if more people were like you then game prices might come down or positive action would happen. But fuck you, I’m with Michael, lets just pay what ever they want even if we don’t like it.”

If it were, say, a £10 point difference, then that might actually be a valid remark.

14. Johnny Cullen

Yikes!

My Shatner senses are tingling.

15. Hunam

Oh, sorry Michael, are you now approving what remarks are valid or not?

You have gone total Shatner on us now.

16. anasui

17. Michael O'Connor

“Oh, sorry Michael, are you now approving what remarks are valid or not?”

No, I’m simply arguing what opinions are, and my opinion making a “principal” out of a £2 price difference in a game is pretty damn ludicrous.

“You have gone total Shatner on us now.”

Yeah, because having a difference of opinion and thinking someone is making a big deal out of nothing makes me Shatner, amirite?

“good lord, is this communuty full of “I am superior” egotastic people. I understand we’re brits but come on”
    I’m not British.

18. Mike

British/Irish…same thing, right? :P

19. Johnny Cullen

Shh, you dont wanna be saying that North of the border, Mike :P

20. anasui

oooops I didnt mean to offend you, Mike. Now don’t go write a sad piano song about it :p

21. TheTwelve

I’ve just managed to find time to play FP and it’s amazing how much of a game you get in there for the price. This game combined with Shatter have just been serious bargains. The game should cost twice as much, considering the content.

22. Gamoc

I didn’t mean that at all. I just meant that Sony won’t care that you won’t buy it, which you DO care about if you’re not buying it to try and make some statement.