Portal: Still Alive out now

Wednesday, 22nd October 2008 14:54 GMT By Mike

portalstill.jpg

It happened a few hours ago we know, but still, for the sake of completion, Valve’s Portal: Still Alive is now available to download for 1200 MS Points from.

It’s the same game that many of you played on The Orange Box last year plus 14 new challenge maps.

If you haven’t played it yet, do so. Now.

By Mike Bowden

1. reask

I never played it.

My problem is I only have 20 gig hd which is full to the brim. :(

2. Psychotext

Time to go shopping… or start deleting.

3. Blerk

You can get a full Orange Box on ebay for the same price and keep your downloaded pr0n.

4. morriss

But then you don’t get the super-duper extra 14 bonus levels and achievements, Blerk.

5. Quiiick

That’s why I prefer the PS3 over the 360:
    You can put your pr0n-collection on a separate USB-HDD. ;)

6. Blerk

Are those the super duper extra 14 bonus levels that the EG review said were “a bit meh”?

7. morriss

EGlol

8. Gekidami

Best off to just wait for the next re-release, or the one after that, or the one after that, or the one after that…

9. reask

Problem is I want everything thats on my hd.

Looks like a new hd is the only way.

I just find the downloads handy.

10. David

already own the PC and 360 version of the orange box. I don’t see the point in paying for portals again just for 14 extra map’s.

Release the maps as an add on and I’ll happily pay.

11. ecu

I don’t know why they don’t just release them as an add-on? Are they trying to rip people off by getting them to re-download the whole game? I’d happily buy the extra maps, but I don’t see the point in buying the whole game again. I’ve already completed it several times.

12. David

Exactly my feelings.

I would happily pay if it was an add-on but I don’t see the justification in paying for the original game again when I have already done so 2 times.

13. Psychotext

I really don’t think this is aimed at those of us that bought portal on steam or got it via the orange box.

14. David

then why punish those that bought as the orange box surely they could of released it as an add-on as well at a reduced price.

15. Psychotext

Not a clue. Why punish people that just wanted Portal in the first place but had to buy the Orange Box (that would be me)?

16. David

yeah and you have your way of playing it but I want the extra maps……Oh wait I can’t unless I buy it a 3rd time.

17. morriss

There also a documentary and some missions apparently. On top of the 14 extra levels.

18. Big Stu

“That’s why I prefer the PS3 over the 360:
    You can put your pr0n-collection on a separate USB-HDD.”

And why is that suddenly not possible on the 360 then?

Anyway, yeah the price is extortionate when you think it’s a little more than it was costing for the full Orange Box on play.com a week or so back, but it still puts to shame a lot of the overpriced material on the XBLA anyway. It’s still a great game to playthrough once in a while.

Also i doubt the documentary (developer commentary i assume you mean?) is any different to the one on the Orange Box.