Eurogamer Expo to show PoP, Mirror’s Edge, LBP, Tomb Raider Underworld, Far Cry 2 and more

Wednesday, 3rd September 2008 15:37 GMT By Patrick Garratt

eurogamerexpo08.jpg

Eurogamer Network just confirmed that the first Eurogamer Expo will take place on October 28-29 at the Old Truman Brewery in London and will feature many of the season’s biggest hitters.

Confirmed for the event are “Street Fighter IV, Prince of Persia, Mirror’s Edge, LittleBigPlanet, Tomb Raider: Underworld, Far Cry 2, Fallout 3, Saints Row 2 and many more.”

“Gamers have been crying out for a credible gaming event for years and publishers haven’t had anywhere to show off their biggest games at the most important time of the year. We’re delighted to bring them together under the Eurogamer Expo banner,” said Eurogamer boss Rupert Loman.

The ticketing sounds a bit “different”. According to the announcement, “To guarantee a ticket for the Eurogamer Expo, gamers should make a £5 donation to UK videogames charity GamesAid. More details on how to register interest are available on the official website, and the event will be split into 11am-4pm and 5pm-10pm sessions on both 28th and 29th October.”

The show’s site’s here. Press release after the link.

First ever Eurogamer Expo to take place in London this October

Press Release

Brighton, England, 3rd September, 2008: Eurogamer is happy to announce its inaugural consumer videogame event, the Eurogamer Expo!

Taking place at the Old Truman Brewery on 28th and 29th October, the Eurogamer Expo is a feature event of the London Games Festival, and brings consumers face to face with all of the biggest Christmas release on all formats.

The event offers gamers the chance to play a huge variety of upcoming games, including Street Fighter IV, Prince of Persia, Mirror’s Edge, LittleBigPlanet, Tomb Raider: Underworld, Far Cry 2, Fallout 3, Saints Row 2 and many more. The full list can be found on the Eurogamer Expo website: http://expo.eurogamer.net.

“Gamers have been crying out for a credible gaming event for years and publishers haven’t had anywhere to show off their biggest games at the most important time of the year. We’re delighted to bring them together under the Eurogamer Expo banner,” said Eurogamer managing director Rupert Loman.

“We’re particularly pleased because it means we can offer our readers the chance to see some of next year’s titles and a few games that won’t be playable anywhere else beforehand – including the first opportunity for UK gamers to play the new Prince of Persia.”

Duncan Best, Director of the London Games Festival added, “We are delighted that Eurogamer is putting on the Expo. It provides the maximum choice for publishers who want to get involved in the Festival and importantly marks the return of a major games show to the UK”

The Old Truman Brewery will be a key focus of London Games Festival 2008, with the Eurogamer Expo, the GamesIndustry.biz Career Fair and the GamesIndustry Bar all hosted within the complex.

For more on the Eurogamer Expo, visit http://expo.eurogamer.net.

1. Blerk

I always knew they couldn’t organise a piss-up in a brewery. :-)

2. No_PUDding

Bastards.

It’s my mothers wedding.

3. patlike

Turn up in your penguin suit after the vows are done.

4. pjmaybe

Damn, Blerk beat me to it. Time for an Adam & Joe Style actual piss up in an actual disused brewery.

5. patlike

Reckon I might go along. Show my face, you know.

6. No_PUDding

Believe me, if only.

I wanna show my face too, even if it’s in a shit coloured suit.

7. Newbie101

“I always knew they couldn’t organise a piss-up in a brewery. :-)”

Yup, the site is down :(.

8. Psychotext

Technically the site is fine… it’s the internet that’s at fault.

9. patlike

Poor old internet. Gets blamed for everything.

10. rauper

DNS still updating. What a laugh. :( I was just so excited I hit send on the press release a bit early…

11. patlike

*blows smoke off fingers*

12. El_MUERkO

i suggest a piss up in the pride of spitalfields around the corner, they have a pub cat and a big jar of peppers

13. mart

What have you done to my logo Pat? Cataracts playing up?

14. patlike

Don’t blame me for your design inadequacies, mart.

15. patlike

EM – I’ll have a drink with you. I’ll be the really tired one drinking Diet Coke.

16. mart

lulz

But seriously, what?

17. pjmaybe

/grabs popcorn just in case it all kicks off.

18. patlike

I’m joshing with him. He knows I love him.

19. Psychotext

That wasn’t what you told me the other night. You said he was a liability.

20. patlike

He’s generally OK. Bit shit at logos, though.

21. morriss

Psycho: He was talking about me. Everybody loves Mart: it’s the hair.

22. Psychotext

Ahhh… yes. I should have known.

23. Superfrog

“Gamers have been crying out for a credible gaming event for years and publishers haven’t had anywhere to show off their biggest games at the most important time of the year.”

lol @ Leipzig (& Cologne) trolling

24. No_PUDding

Pointless, apart from that it’s roudn the damn corner.

Confirmed for next year as well … PLEASE!

25. rauper

Superfrog: In the UK, we mean…

26. absolutezero

London.

Well thats nice and central to the rest of the coun…wait.

27. SticKboy