Tag Archives: Cities XL
Thu, Feb 07, 2013 | 00:15 GMT
A new content pack has released for city-building sim Cities XL. Platinum adds over 1,000 new buildings to the game, including 50 entirely new ones, and more than 60 “gigantic” new maps. The $30 expansion is available now on Steam, and also fixes a number of bugs found in the 2012 version of the game.
Wed, Sep 07, 2011 | 01:53 BST
The new annual update to burgeoning city building sim series Cities XL is looking pretty shiny in these new shots.
Thu, Jan 28, 2010 | 01:43 GMT
Monte Cristo has announced that it’s suspending its MMO feature for Cities XL due to lack of interest; however, it has announced Cities XL 2011.
Sat, Nov 07, 2009 | 17:03 GMT
Cities XL’s “The Old England Pack” was made available this week from Monty Cristo.
The free pack includes buildings, maps, and megastructures full of medieval buildings inspired by Shakespearian England.
There’s a paved road, and a medieval plaza to create historic town centers along with “limitless” types of architecture.
This game is sounding better and better all the time.
Full list of goodies passed the break.
Tue, Sep 29, 2009 | 18:30 BST
Monte Cristo games has announced that the Limited Edition version of Cities XL is now available for preorder up on Steam.
This edition includes downloadable bonuses and content, priced at $39.99, and offers players the entire game, along with five additional maps, five exclusive landmarks, two permanent blueprints, a unique city hall, an in-game t-shirt for players’ avatars and a unique “web tag”.
Head on over to Steam to see what the city-builder is all about.
Tue, Sep 08, 2009 | 21:28 BST
Monte Cristo has released a demo for its building and management Sim/MMO Cities XL which was previously only available in Europe.
The demo expires on October 7 and contains three areas of the subscription-based Planet mode, which is for online.
Game hits Europe on October 8 then North America on October 9.
Sat, Aug 08, 2009 | 20:28 BST
Monte Cristo Games has announced a limited edition for its MMO-style city simulation game Cities XL.
The goods inside the limited edition contain:
- Five additional maps for solo mode
- Five exclusive landmark buildings, (Berlin’s Victory Column, Kiev’s St. Vladimir’s Cathedral, New York’s 40 Wall Street, Paris’ Opera Garnier, San Francisco’s Grand Hotel)
- One exclusive city hall: Los Angeles’ City Hall
- Two permanent blueprints: the Mayan pyramid of Chichen Itza and London’s Big Ben. These blueprints will be available from the start and can be built as many times as you wish.
- A bonus in-game t-shirt to make your avatar even more unique
- An honorific medal to display proudly on your personal profile page on CitiesXL.com,
- Three postcards
- A 16″x13″ poster later this fall in the UK and other countries. This week the publisher released info on a special Limited Edition of the game that will have several unique in-game content bonuses than the standard edition of the game.
It’s out on October 8 in Europe, with a US release date to be announced.
Tue, Jul 28, 2009 | 15:59 BST
Namco Bandai Partners, the new publishing arm of Atari in EU, has slapped on dates for Champions Online and the multi-platform editions of Ghostbusters: The Video Game.
Champions Online will be released on October 9 for PC, while Ghostbusters will see a release on Xbox 360, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo DS and PSP on October 24.
The game was released earlier in the summer as a timed exclusive for the PS3 and PS2.
They also dated Cities XL for the PC, that will release for the PC on September 4.