GTA 5 – more screenshots released to the masses

Friday, 3rd May 2013 20:57 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

GTA 5 shots have been released by Rockstar, and we have them below. Most were released yesterday, but they were watermarked so we didn’t grab them. There’s even one below which Nintendo would severely frown upon. Grand Theft Auto 5 is due on PS3 and Xbox 360 in September.

1. Dark

I WANT THIS GAME NOW !!!

2. Stephany Nunneley

Some of these really looks familiar to me yesterday. I can’t be sure though. If a couple are old, I can’t remember. Enjoy anyway! :)

3. Lengendaryboss

@2 Some are definitely old and some are new, well at least from my POV.

4. Stephany Nunneley

@3 Good! I am not imaging things again, I mean ok.

5. YoungZer0

Gatling Gun? Really?

6. Christopher Jack

I am surprised how much criticism this game has already received about its graphics. To be fair though it mostly comes from PC elitist tools.

7. Unlimax

TAKE A LOOK AT THIS SCREENSHOT ~

HNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGG !!!

8. russdude13

ahah brilliant
    In the background of the third screenshot – “Wan Ka Internet Cafe”

9. Hcw87

The graphics are amazing when you consider the size of the game. Three times as big of a land mass compared to RDR, and five times the playing area (underwater included). Also mindboggling how they can fit it on one disc.

10. wishdokta

In the front of the third screenshot – Garratt’s office

11. Lengendaryboss

For PS3, No way in hell for the Xbox360.

12. Neuromancer

Bahama Mamas :)

13. GamerQC

“they were watermarked so we didn’t grab them”
    Then proceeds to watermark said pictures. Makes sense. I really don’t get why websites add watermarks, there pictures are not your copyright. The only exception is if you have a world exclusive, then I can understand since it gives you credit. Kinda shows how gaming press is retarded.

14. Erthazus

Visuals actually suck no matter how you put it. Look at Watch Dogs that looks really good compared to GTA V.

15. Clupula

We so need an ignore button on this site.

16. taylorlauder

The gallery now doesn’t show those old pictures. Some interesting info found from the new pictures: http://n4g.com/news/clickout/1245775

17. msi

I love this game I ‘d rather have a request for an interview with a company in the field of rock star games supply ‘m grateful to have this game for the pc platform .

18. Templar_Dante

@ ERTHAZUS
    About the Watch_Dogs graphics… It looks great.. but I worry that in every trailer there is quite a bit of reused locations..its making me question the amount of content in the game.
    I hope Im wrong and Watch_Dogs and GTA V do well, but Im not going to purchase Watch_Dogs if it turns out the entire city is 5% of GTA Vs map.

19. Hcw87

Why even compare the graphics of Watch Dogs to this? The footage we’ve seen came from a PC and PS4 version, so ofcourse it’s going to look better compared to current gen consoles.

Correct me if i’m wrong, but they haven’t shown any current gen footage of Watch Dogs yet.

20. monkeygourmet

Also 20 minute install and installing patches.

Also, remember GTA 4 on PS3… Ug… PS3 was supposed to be the lead, then it ended up getting the shitty version.

21. Lengendaryboss

@monkeygourmet
    Forgot about that, where was it reported the PS3 was lead platform for GTA IV? i didn’t cover GTA IV from announce to release.
    I really hope Rockstar can overcome those challenges in GTA V, because the size of the world is their “Biggest Open World Yet”.

22. Erthazus

@Templar_Dante, Maybe. I’m not talking about Watch Dogs superiority or anything yet.

GTA V is a step forward to GTA IV in comparison but it’s not something I would call an evolution. Time will tell, I will buy both anyway.

@Hcw87, Because Watch Dogs is also on the 360/PS3. You are right that we didn’t see anything from current gen, but i’m sure it’s on par without AA, decent resolution.. Effects. But it should be good.

23. Djoenz

This game will sell like crazy! GTA never had superior graphics. I stopped playing GTA after San Andreas but this one is on my list.

24. Mjorh

There isn’t anything wrong about graphic n stuff , its just the theme that maybe some people don’t like that , i myself prefer SA theme
    @22 Me Too!

25. Eddie Rodrigues

@Erthazus Just… no… stop being a graphics whore. If it makes you feel better it’s the console version anyway.

26. Stephany Nunneley

@13 I have no control over whether shots get watermarked. It’s not like I check a box or something. However, what is even more “retarded” as you so eloquently put it, is creating a user account on a competing games website just for the sake of trolling.

27. Mjorh

OPS! i meant @23!

28. Gekidami

I bet GTAV will be seriously bigger than Watch Dogs, too. Both in playable environment and in overall content.

As for watermarks, i assume its to stop other sites from leeching assets and bandwidth more than anything, so you dont just link straight to another sites pictures, like this site: http://www.geimin.co.uk/ its copying articles from this site and the pics it uses are hosted on VG247′s servers because it just links straight to them.

29. Stephany Nunneley

@Thanks for that Gek. I’ll let Pat know.

30. Djoenz

I always do that as well. I copy VG247′s articles and post them on a forum I often visit. I was under the impression as long as I add the source its cool?

31. Stephany Nunneley

@30 That is different though. You are just informing users on the forum you visit. It’s not like you have grabbed our RSS and posted its entirety. :)

Anyway – let’s get the thread subject back to GTA 5 shall we? Driving around, beating up people and stealing their cars “FTW”, etc. :D

32. xxJPRACERxx

@29 About time Steph, I posted that here:
    more than a month ago!

33. Stephany Nunneley

@32 :( Sorry, I didn’t see it. Thanks for that, sorry the thanks is so late.