Tales of Xillia releasing in US, Europe in 2013

Friday, 6th July 2012 15:09 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Namco Bandai has announced Tales of Xillia will be released in North America and Europe in 2013. The news was announced during the Japan Expo in Paris today. Series producer Hideo Baba said there’s also “a good chance” the Tales of Xillia 2 will be released in the west, providing Xillia sells well in the region. Xillia 2 is out November 1 in Japan. Thanks, Gematsu.

1. Deacon

Something to look forward to!

2. mickey2002

I want a tales game for the 360 thou :( I don’t like playing on my ps3 meh.

3. typeface

Unlikely. Much more effort porting it to get a tiny amount of sales more. It’s a lot easier for them to just port it into English. Honestly though if Graces F and this game don’t sell well in EU it’s going to be harder to see other tales games.

This game’s come out purely due to the sales of Tales of the Abyss 3DS in Europe (the lack of stock was a strong indicator here). If they were bringing every tales out they’d have brought Tales of Innocence R but I’m sure they’ll wait for a decent installbase. It’s too early right now plus one game at a time (which means it’s unlikely that’s coming out to the west).

4. Moonwalker1982

Jesus christ, 2013, just like Ni No Kuni. But hey, i’m happy about this news though. I hear Xilia is really good.

5. speedxl01

Great news, I love good JRPG’s.

6. Moonwalker1982

Didn’t a release outside of Japan depend on how the sales for Tales of Graces F would be? I guess it sold well then :)

7. DLTDawnlight

This is awesome news despite hearing from those who imported the game that you can’t combo bosses and they are just as brutal as in ToGf.

8. Clupula

@2 – If you want new JRPG’s on a console, at this point, you pretty much need to buy a PS3.

9. ultramega

Seems like so far away, but still! FUCK YES! SOOO glad to hear this!
    =D