A NeoGAF user has posted details from the issue of Game Informer which has a preview of the Vita title Assassin’s Creed 3: Liberation.
- It’s out same day as AC3 (October 30)
- Location is New Orleans
- Female assassin named Aveline of mixed heritage
- Looks like same time period as AC3
- Ubisoft Sofia is developing
- Takes place between 1765-1780 in the period between the end of the French and Indian war
- One of the bullet points is that it’s “true AC gameplay”
- Will not connect to Desmond
- Will have “multiplayer specifically tailored to the Vita experience”
- “The game has been released as a propaganda tool by Abstergo, who want players to experience a gray area of the Assassin/Templar conflict as an assassin rather than a Templar”
- Aveline’s mentor is an escaped slave named Agate,leader of the assassins in New Orleans
- Wildlife like alligators “wait on the banks of the swamp or hide beneath murky waters”
- Liberation will also take players “across the Gulf into Mexico”
The game was listed by retailer Zavvi earlier this week, and until Ubisoft or Game Informer confirms the details, just take this information for what it is – Ubisoft’s E3 press conference takes place on Monday so the wait won’t be long.
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.