Vita trailers: Escape Plan, Motorstorm, Shinobido, Katamari

Monday, 27th February 2012 02:28 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Already finished all your Vita games? Launch trailers for Escape Plan, Shinobido 2: Revenge of Zen, Touch My Katamari and the ridiculously cheap Motorstorm RC should help you find more.

Now that the new handheld is freely available in stores (those that still have stock, anyway), a new wave of software is on the way. This may be the last opportunity Vita launch titles have to woo you in. Commence trailer spam.

Escape Plan is a charming black and white puzzler with touch controls, from the core team behind Fat Princess. it’s available via the PlayStation Network.

Motorstorm RC costs almost no money, and it’s a full-blown entry in the series – but with remote control cars.

Shinobido 2: Revenge of Zen is basically a re-release of the last entry in the series, but if you like ninjas, assassination, and assassinating ninjas, you will find something to love.

Touch My Katamari is more katamari. If you know what that means, you’ve probably already bought it. If not, gaze in wonder:

Thanks, Joystiq.

1. Johnny Cullen

Motorstorm’s pretty much amazing. £4.79 is pretty much pennies in an ocean for something like this.

2. Moonwalker1982

If the Motorstorm game was a true Motorstorm it would have been even more crazy, but it’s an ok game, at least…the demo was just ok. If that’s really what the game’s about, a full price would have been insane. But still its very low though.

3. FeaturePreacher

Escape Plan seems interesting. I would definitely get it at $10. Until then, I’ll just stay content with Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus until MK9 for the vita comes out.

4. Dannybuoy

Yes Motor Storm is a low price but I’m not massively in love with it. Dunno, there’s just something lacking to really hook me in. I can’t seem to find a camera angle I like either. Maybe I just need to play it a lot more.

Escape Plan is fun, but that bloody pinch to run move. No controls like that should be allowed on Vita. :-)

5. BraveArse

Personally think that Motorstorm is up there with the best if the bunch. I was initially disappointed with the micro machines style viewpoint, but quickly realised that I liked Micro Machines back in the day, nd that this is that game with added crack cocaine. Seeing your mate’s ghosts pop up on the track when you start to do well, is a stroke of genius IMO.

6. absolutezero

If you were ever a fan of the first three Tenchu titles then Shinobido is fantastic.

The missions are small enough to fit into the idealised vision of the portable title while also providing large very open and explorable areas from which to plan and strike from.

I just wish it was a slightly more dark because even though everything takes place at night like it should, it might aswell be daylight because of the level of ambient light. The guards are wandering about with the most pointless lanterns ever invented and theres no way of knowing if your in the dark, hidden, seculded or just standing in the open.