Guild Wars 2 Beta public sign-up page open for 48 hours

Wednesday, 22nd February 2012 18:01 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

A public sign-up page for Guild Wars 2 is now live and will only be open for the next 48 hours.

To sign up for your chance to participate in one of the upcoming beta events, you will need to visit the official sign up page through here.

An FAQ is also available for anyone with questions pertaining to the beta.

To get an idea of what the beta consists of, check out our impressions from our time with it here.

Open beta testing will go live this spring, and the game will be released later this year.

1. Colin Gallacher

Looks like the page is down. Must…not…hammer…F5 :D

2. AlexRussellSaw

Aaaaaaaand it’s down.

3. enorox

haha, the direct link goes to a 404 forbidden and when you go to their main site and click “Sign up for the beta” it brings you to the Mesmer profession page. They’re toying with us =(

EDIT : It’s back up

4. Maximum Payne

Successfully signed to beta!

5. Ercarret

It felt kind of weird, signing up. When they asked me what types of games I play, I checked every box except “MMOs”. But hey, maybe GW2 will be the game to lure me into the genre. :D

6. GrimRita

working now. going to give this a whirl since everyone is saying good things about Guildwars.

7. Bestbetrollin

Signed up, hopefully ill get in (Y)

8. Maximum Payne

@5 Yea, I checked mmo but
    :D

9. DSB

Had to sign up in French for some reason.

10. TheWulf

I really hope I get in on this. For few have done more with word of mouth for Guild Wars 2 than I have. >_> And the xenophilic part of my brain (which is to say a very substantial part) is absolutely craving some charr play time.

THE WULF IS KNOCKING ON YOUR DOOR, ARENA NET. OPEN UP, LITTLE PIGS. >:|

But yes, I’m very much looking forward to this. Even if it’s going to just be a few hours on weekends. I absolutely must know more about the charr. As much as I can know.

11. GwynbleiddiuM

NOOO I WANT ONE, PLEASE SOMEONE HEEELP MEEEEE!!! If I don’t get a beta key, promise me Steph that you will give me yours.

PS :D

12. fearmonkey

I signed up, id really like to try it.

13. blackdreamhunk

I got a personal invite no brainier I will try to play the beta

14. John117

Seeing as i never played Guild Wars, getting a chance to play the beta might chance my mind about this game… After a growing boredom in SWTOR I hope this might resparkle my love for MMO’s :/

My pal who is really hyped about the game didnt even bother to sign for the beta due to his poor PC specs xP