Tag Archives: tom francis
Mon, Jul 08, 2013 | 10:05 BST
Gunpoint creator and former PC Gamer journalist Tom Francis has shed light on his jump from game critic to developer in a new interview, and what it’s like to see both sides of the industry from each side of the fence.
Wed, Jun 19, 2013 | 01:17 BST
Gunpoint developer Tom Francis has quit his job because he suddenly has an enormous pile of money and plenty of ideas of what to do with it.
Tue, May 28, 2013 | 00:20 BST
Tom Francis’s IGF award-nominated Gunpoint is now available for pre-order ahead of its freshly-announced June 3 release date.
Tue, Apr 23, 2013 | 17:55 BST
Tue, Nov 29, 2011 | 14:02 GMT
Journo-turned-dev Tom Francis has released a new video for Gunpoint, his PC spy-puzzler. It’s eight minutes long and explains how to use a “crosslink” to rewire buildings, obfuscate guards and exit high windows. It looks brilliant, to be blunt. There’s no release date: it’s just been pushed past its expected Christmas launch. Watch it below.
Fri, Oct 17, 2008 | 08:15 BST
The 2008 Games Media Awards in London last night saw Edge take the gong for best UK mag and Eurogamer win for best British site last night, with Eurogamer’s Ellie Gibson and PC Gamer’s Tom Francis winning best online and print writers respectively.
Full list of winners below. We live-blogged it as well, as you can see here.
- Games Media Legend; Sponsored by Atari: Steve Jarratt
- Games Magazine: Edge
- Games Website: Eurogamer
- Games Broadcast: Games Night on X-League.TV
- Specialist Games Writer, Print: Tom Francis, PC Gamer
- Specialist Games Writer, Online: Ellie Gibson, Eurogamer
- Rising Star; Sponsored by Rising Star Games: Simon Millar, X360
- Mainstream Magazine Games Writer; Sponsored by Ubisoft: Simon Munk, FHM
- National Newspaper, Best Games Coverage: The Guardian
- Regional Games Columnist – Dave Cook