Tag Archives: scott miller
Sat, Mar 12, 2011 | 23:09 GMT
French gaming magazine Joystick has the sequel to Prey on its next cover. Yes, that would be Prey 2.
Sat, Jan 30, 2010 | 04:58 GMT
Tue, Jun 09, 2009 | 09:02 BST
Three Duke Nukem games are to release for iPhone, 3D Realms’ Scott Miller has told Shacknews.
“We have several more iPhone games on the way, including three unannounced Duke Nukem games,” said the developer.
3D Realms was recently forced to ditch Duke Nukem Forever after the game’s 12-year development ran into funding issues.
Sat, May 16, 2009 | 07:12 BST
“No. We didn’t get a penny of that money,” said the exec, talking in this Shacknews comments thread.
“This, along with so much else, is 100 percent spin, being eaten up by those who have no clue whatsoever.”
Take-Two claims that it is owed “millions of dollars” by 3D Realms for breaking an agreement to finish the game.
The publisher also requested a copy of the existing Duke Nukem Forever source and object code “to ensure the code is preserved and remains unharmed during the pendency of this lawsuit.”
More detail and court documents here.
Fri, Jun 27, 2008 | 22:37 BST
When asked by Next-Gen why Duke Nukem Forever won’t be making the trip to E3, 3D Realms chief Scott Miller had a pretty straightforward answer.
“We view E3 as irrelevant nowadays,” he said. “In fact, I wasn’t even aware it was coming up.”
We suppose that would be an issue when you’re developing your game under a rock. Never fear, though. Everything’s still on track.
“Development is swimming along nicely,” Miller added. “Seriously nicely.”
Tue, Mar 18, 2008 | 17:56 GMT
3D Realms boss Scott Miller has claimed that Prey 2, the game that “pioneered” the idea of spacial portals that led Valve to the head of myriad game of the year lists last year, will “leapfrog” Portal when it’s finally released.
“While Prey pioneered the portal concept, Valve’s Portal took it to an all-new level,” he said. “It really shows what you can do when you focus on a single core cool gameplay concept. So, while Portal impressed the heck out of us, it has also inspired us to return the favor to Valve and hopefully leapfrog them as they did us. We believe we have new ideas for portals that will keep the portal race interesting.”
Prey 2 was seemingly accidentally announced over the weekend, with the site that showed concept art for the game – the homepage for Miller’s new venture, “IP Incubator” Radar Group – being taken down in short order. Miller did expand on the game in the interview, however.
“In the original Prey, the lead character, Tommy, was too reluctant, and didn’t realize his hero status until late in the game,” he said. “So, in the new game we’re making him a hardened, take-charge character who’s learned fast from his previous experience, and ready to accept his status as a galactic savior. We’re definitely beefing up the combat—expect more enemies onscreen simultaneously versus 3-4 in the original—as well as the spirit powers. And while the original was too much of a corridor shooter, Prey 2 will have much more variety and wide-open areas: think CoD4 to get a good idea of what we’re shooting for in terms of open-world look and feel.”
Scott’s always good for a read. Take a look.
Wed, Feb 20, 2008 | 06:24 GMT
According to this, 3D Realms boss Scott Miller has been quick to defend his company after it came to lilght yesterday that it was being sued by a team that claims to have had the original idea for sci fi game Earth No More.
“I can’t say much, because this is a legal matter. Except, I will say we are fully innocent, and that these guys are just looking for a quick score,” he said.
Cinemagraphix Entertainment shopped an idea around in 2005 for sci-fi game called Earth No More, 3D Realms being one of the companies to see the presentation. The Duke Nukem Forever developer then announced a sci-fi game called Earth No More in June 2007.
Thu, Feb 07, 2008 | 21:23 GMT
3D Realms boss George Broussard said that lessons had been learned by the developer in the wake of the Dallas Business Journal story last night that apparently confirmed a date and platforms for shooter Duke Nukem Forever.
Speaking on the company’s forums, he said:
“I’d like to address the article the Dallas Business Journal put up today.
“In what appears to be an unfortunate turn of events, there seems to have been some confusion between what was ‘off the record’ and what was not. I suppose we’re used to dealing with gaming press and not mainstream press. Lesson learned.
“While we have internal targets, dates and goals, like every developer, we are not ready to share them. What’s amazing about this is that the DBJ must have assumed that we’d actually announce a date to them, and not gaming press, and that even in the light of Scott’s quote of “We can’t make an official announcement.”, the DBJ effectively did that. Lesson learned.
“The release date is still ‘when it’s done’, and will be until the appropriate moment. Platforms have not been finalized or announced. You can rest assured that we are moving toward a goal and that the recently released teaser trailer is the start of that process and seeing more of the game, sooner than later.
“We apologize to gamers and websites everywhere for this series of events. Sometimes, you can be too trusting of people and assume things that come back to bite you. Lesson learned.”
Tips for people speaking to journalists that don’t want the things they say going on the internet: learn how to say “off the record” very loudly.
Thu, Feb 07, 2008 | 21:23 GMT
3D Realms boss Scott Miller has responded to claims by the Dallas Business Journal that he has set platforms and a date for long-in-development shooter Duke Nukem Forever.
“As usual,” he told VG247 in response to a question of the original article’s validity, “the press got it wrong. Sigh.”
The article in question claimed that Miller said, “We haven’t formally announced any platforms for DNF, but, of course hitting the big three makes the most sense (PC, PS3, 360)” in an email exchage, and also set a 2008 release date for the game.
An Xbox Live version of Duke Nukem 3D was also detailed in the piece, to feature “on-line multiplayer support, Xbox Live achievements, on-line score boards, and a co-op mode”.
Miller quickly refuted the story’s content on Shacknews.