Tales of Xillia finally lands in the west – here’s all the scores

Tuesday, 6th August 2013 17:33 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Tales of Xillia has finally graced the west with its presence, and since it is out today in the US and Friday in the UK, we thought we’d round up some review scores for the lovely looking PS3 RPG.

Here’s a few to get you started. We’ll add more as they come in.

Joystiq – 4.5/5
Game Informer – 8.25
Eurogamer Sweden – 9
God is a Geek – 6
IGN – 8
3Djuegos (Spain) – 8.2
NowGamer – 7.5
EGM – 7.5
OPM – 6
PlayStation Lifestyle – 8
Push Square – 8
Metro – 7

You can also read up on what Dave thought of the game through here.

1. dizzygear

Why are the comments closed for Dave article?

#1 1 year ago
  2. Dave Cook

Just noticed that. I have no idea. Trying to see if I’ve maybe ticked a box by accident or something. Thanks for pointing that out.

#2 1 year ago
  3. Dave Cook

@1 They’re open now :) Steph fixed it for me.

#3 1 year ago
  4. salarta

@3: I figured you locked it because you didn’t want everyone to start arguing about what you look like in a bikini. :P

#4 1 year ago
  5. actuallyisnotafox

@4 wise call huh! :’)

#5 1 year ago
  6. Blackened Halo

It looks promising :)

#6 1 year ago
  7. YoungZer0

Another anime JRPG on the flooded market of anime style JRPG’s. So fucking lame.

#7 1 year ago
  8. Clupula

@7 – So, how exactly are you different from when Francis comes on other threads and whines about how much he hates FPS games?

If you don’t like the genre, then don’t come to the thread. It’s simple.

#8 1 year ago
  9. monkeygourmet

I’m still not quite finished the one on the 360, can’t remember the name of it… But it’s pretty fun, combat is nice once you get the hang of it.

Any reason this one isn’t on Wii U or 360? I thought this series was a GameCube staple?

#9 1 year ago
  10. YoungZer0

@8: What genre? RPG? I like RPGs.

#10 1 year ago
  11. Francis O

Clupula you loser, go work on your sh*tty YouTube channel

#11 1 year ago
  12. Clupula

@11 – Hmmm. Oh sorry. No, for the last couple hours, I’ve been busy playing games on my PS3. Remember those? The Wii U should be getting some any day now. Please understand.

Anyway, back to Xillia. Awesome Wii U version, huh?

Oh wait…

#12 1 year ago
  13. YoungZer0

Well there are a lot of JRPG’s on WiiU that look like it.

#13 1 year ago
  14. DrDamn

Please link me to this “a lot of JRPG’s on WiiU”? I’d be quite pleased to see them but I’m guessing I’m going to be disappointed.

#14 1 year ago
  15. Clupula

@13 – Currently, the ONLY JRPG on the Wii U is Dragon Quest X, with X and Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem the only two officially announced retail products. There’s a couple Western made downloadable titles done in JRPG-style, but nothing actually from any Japanese companies that I know of.

#15 1 year ago
  16. DrDamn

“There’s a couple Western made downloadable titles done in JRPG-style”

Which ones? Keep meaning to check back on the eShop to see if anything good has appeared. I was hoping it would have a lot more interesting uses of the Gamepad.

#16 1 year ago