In January, Xbox Series consoles were the best-selling platforms in the UK.
According to Gfk, Switch followed Xbox Series X/S in second place, with PS5 coming in third - narrowly - due to stock shortages.
During the month, over 150,000 consoles were sold in total, and console revenue was up 251% year-over-year, mainly due to the newer high priced consoles.
Game sales were up 7% year-over-year, with 941,672 units sold in the UK bringing in over £30 million.
The top-selling game was Animal Crossing: New Horizons followed by Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and GTA 5. Nintendo accounted for the most games sold during the month of January.
The top ten games for the month are below. You can view the full chart over on GI.biz.
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Nintendo)
- Mario Kart 8: Deluxe (Nintendo)
- Grand Theft Auto 5 (Rockstar)
- Just Dance 2021 (Ubisoft)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War (Activision Blizzard)
- Minecraft Switch (Nintendo/Microsoft)
- FIFA 21 (EA)
- Ring Fit Adventure (Nintendo)
- Spider-Man: Miles Morales (Sony)
- Assassin's Creed Valhalla (Ubisoft)
Accessories were up 32% year-over-year, with over 900,000 units sold with a revenue increase of 74% reported. The Xbox Wireless controller (Carbon Black) was the best-selling product, with the PS5 DualSense controller coming in second, and DualShock third.