Wasteland 3 Patch 1.1.1 is now live on Steam, GOG, Microsoft Store, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4.
The Wasteland 3 patch focuses on issues brought up most by the community, and you can expect the next patch to be much larger.
You can expect "hundreds of individual changes" with the next patch including fixes, balance improvements, and load time reduction.
For now, though, patch 1.1.1 focuses on improving stability on consoles, a fix for co-op load screens stopping at 33%, and the Antique Appraiser has been balanced.
Performance has been improved when using Precision Strike, a crash that could occur in co-op while players engaged with Major Prasad has been fixed, and on Xbox One an issue where the user would not be able to join a second game if it was hosted by the same person was resolved with this patch.
You can look over the full patch notes below, and if you are just getting started, be sure to check out our Wasteland 3 Character Builds guide. It gives you an idea of the attributes and skills you need to choose for your starting party.
Wasteland 3 – 1.1.1 Patch Notes
Performance and Stability
- We’ve made over a dozen individual changes aimed at improving performance and stability, especially on consoles. We’re continuing to work on additional improvements for future updates.
- Some slight load time improvements have been made. We’re finalizing some more impactful load time reductions which you’ll see in a future patch.
- Fixed an issue where if computer consoles were used during combat, game performance would decrease.
- Performance has been improved when using Precision Strike.
- Load screen hangs (i.e. 33% load bug) have largely been resolved for co-op games. In a few cases the load bar may appear to be stuck at 33% but will eventually load after 5 or more minutes. We’re aware and actively working to resolve these.
- Addressed an issue with the Direct Connect option that was preventing some guests from connecting to their hosts.
- Fixed crash that could occur in co-op while players engaged with Major Prasad.
- Players with different build versions are now blocked from playing with each other.
- [Xbox One] Resolved an issue where the user would not be able to join a second game if it was hosted by the same person.
Quests and Gameplay
- The Antiques Appraiser perk no longer triggers on Scrap. This closes a loophole in which Scrap could be simply bought and sold for a profit using the Antiques Appraiser perk. We found that in some cases the perk was giving players far too much money when Scrap was included. Of note, this change will not be reflected in the text descriptions until a subsequent patch.
- Antiques Appraiser now has a 5% chance to multiply the value of Junk by 40x, down from 50x.
- A persistent issue with the Fishlips encounter which would result in the game locking up has been resolved.
- Resolved an issue where the epilogue song would sometimes not play all the way through.
- Merchants now round up item values, instead of down. Buying in bulk is always better.
- Liberty’s Warbots are now immune to hacking, which should make her appropriately more challenging.
- Resolved an issue where the Survival Skill was granting Animal Whisperer abilities.
- Resolved an issue where some missions related to the Gippers were unable to be completed under specific conditions.
- Resolved an issue where players were being charged the correct amount of skill points on purchase, but the tooltip and the bar were using the wrong value to calculate/display the cost.