Fatshark rolled out a big patch for Warhammer: Vermintide 2 overnight that brought a host of fixes and changes.
The patch is small in size, at around 115MB, but the change log is big. Warhammer: Vermintide 2 is a popular game now thanks to selling half a million copies in a week, but many annoying little issues linger.
One of the small, but distracting problems the patch fixed are the visible lines at the top and and bottom of the screen. Though they blended in the less you focused on them, they never looked right. They've thankfully been removed.
Other important changes include a fix for the bug that showed incorrect upgrade costs vs the requirements needed, a change to allow Deeds to also affect enemy types in patrols, a fix for the hilarious bug where the Naglfahr Gatekeeper could transform into multiple Chaos Spawns, and a few other fixes for several of the game's levels.
There's also a host of optimisation changes, particularly for enemies and bot AI, and you'll find plenty of crash fixes and other stability improvements.
Check out the full list below:
- Fixed so ‘Deeds’ are able to change enemy types used in patrols as well
- Fixed Flamestorm Staff and Drakefire Gun triggering headshot HUD sounds
- The upgrade cost of an item now matches the listed requirements
- Headgear can now be salvaged
- Upgrading an item with an illusion will no longer result in salvaging the item
- Fixed an issue where Gatekeeper Naglfahr could transform into multiple Chaos Spawns
- Added more rain to The Screaming Bell level
- Fixed hole where player could fall under the bell platform on The Screaming Bell
- Fixed dinner bell interaction box on Hunger In The Dark being too small to use
- Fixed backtrack points out of the cellar on Fort Brachsenbrücke
- Fixed issue causing some players to not get their Collector’s Edition character frames
- Fixed occasion where players would be incorrectly kicked for anticheat violation
- Added anti cheat panel for untrusted states to help resolving issues
- When state is not trusted - or when a player has been banned, we present them with detailed information
- Removed visible lines in the top and bottom of the screen caused by the outline shader
- Implemented additional functionality for vote kick system to combat griefing
-Kerillian - Waystalker
- Rejuvenating Locus - Fixed an issue where party members would receive no healing from Rejuvenating Locus if Kerillian was above half health. Party members will heal up to half health regardless of Kerillian's current health value
- Vaul's Quiver - Will now grant an amount of ammo based on your weapon’s maximum ammo. This means that a Swiftbow - with a larger ammo capacity, will receive more than a Hagbane Bow
- Also fixed an issue where Vaul’s Quiver would cease to give ammo when Kerillian was above half health
-Kerillian - Shade
- Ereth Khial's Herald - Fixed an incorrect tooltip showing 100% bonus to Murderous Prowess instead of 75%. The talent remains unchanged, this was simply a tooltip inconsistency
-Markus Kruber - Foot Knight
- Protective Presence - Fixed to properly apply buffs when modified by talents
-Markus Kruber - Huntsman
- Outdoorsman - Fixed to properly grant a stamina shield
-Sienna Fuegonasus - Unchained
- Blood Magic - To avoid self-detonation, Sienna will no longer convert received damage to overcharge while being incapacitated
Stability and performance
- Improved CPU optimizations for enemy and bot AI decision making
- Fixed crash occurring when the Chaos Spawn tried to throw away a grabbed player after the rest of the team had wiped
- Fixed rare crash happening when a Chaos Spawn was finished smashing a player into the ground, but that player left the game the same moment
- Fixed Burblespue Halescourge who would cause a crash if a Globadier followed the players into the arena, and accidentally hurt the boss sorcerer. Bunglesnatch Humbledink then tried to retaliate against the poison cloud... Silly Blunderstunt.
- Fixed a crash where a Skaven enemy tried to walk to a disabled interest point. (The interest point system handles interactions of enemies out of combat.)
- Increased stability when losing contact with Steam
- Fixed infrequent crashes that could occur on The Screaming Bell
- Fixed crash that could occur when firing the cannon on Fort Brachsenbrücke
- Fixed crash that could occur when a Warpfire Thrower hit a channeling sorcerer during the end event of Convocation of Decay
- Fixed crash that could occur when a player leaves the game
- Fixed crash when voting for a mission while a player vote kick is active
- Decreased number of access violations during start up caused by XAudio2
- Added an error message box when trying to launch DX12 binaries on any other OS than Windows 10
- Game no longer uninstalls itself after a particularly rare crash
- Backend issues with ISP UPC in Poland is still unresolved. We are working on this continually
- The host can crash during the Skarrik Spinemanglr boss fight if a player joins/leaves the game
- Skittergate bosses are currently in an unstable state
- Localisation work is still ongoing, and we apologise for that. We’ll continue to add and improve as we patch
Looking to the future, Fatshark is promising dedicated servers, mod support and new maps by May.