Warhammer: Vermintide 2 gets free Halloween event, 25% off discount
Warhammer: Vermintide 2 has received a big new update that kicked off the Geheimnisnacht in-game event, which is sort of Warhammer's version of Halloween.
Geheimnisnacht is part of Vermintide 2's patch 1.2.2, which went live earlier today on PC, and Xbox One. The 4GB patch also includes a host of fixes, particularly for Tobii Eyeytracker users.
As part of the Geheimnisnacht event, available now until Sunday, November 4, all of the game's maps have been changed to nighttime. There's a new themed event quest, which rewards participants with exclusive portrait frames.
Taal's Horn Keep has been redecorated, too, as Vermintide 2 events typically demand, and the trophy room is accessible for the first time. To celebrate, Warhammer: Vermintide 2 will go on sale today on Steam for 25% off until November 1.
On Xbox One, the same 25% off sale will be available later today until November 4. Both sales include the Shadows Over Bogenhafen DLC. See below for everything update 1.2.2 includes.
- 'Night Mode' enabled for all the Vermintide 2 maps.
- Event Quest enabled rewarding an event exclusive portrait frame.
- The Trophy Room is now available.
- 'Difficulty Banners' added to the main keep area.
- The Keep has been decorated to celebrate Geheimnisnacht.
- Fixed an issue with Kerillian's Glaives, where they sometimes would play the wrong sounds, or none at all.
- Fixed an issue where Kerillian's voice overs would refer to Sienna, when reviving Bardin. And Saltzpyre's voice overs would refer to Bardin, when healed by Kruber.
- Fixed an issue with incorrectly configured voice overs, where lines aimed at Kerillian by Kruber would play, even when Kruber was not in the party. And they showed subtitles as they came from Bardin.
- Changed Handmaiden Kerillian's voice over laugh, because it sometimes sounded too much like Sienna's laughter.
- Fixed a bug relating to how often story based dialogue played. You'll now more often, and more consistently hear dialogue between the heroes.
- Fixed an issue where some dialogues that were only meant to play once per game session would be played twice.
- Fixed eyetracking features not working when playing the Prologue.
- Fixed Clean UI not working with the console HUD.
- Fixed issues where Clean UI did not always fade in or out the HUD elements the player was looking at.
- Fixed an issue where the HUD could get stuck in a semi-visible state of Clean UI was disabled.
- Fixed an isssue where the Beam Staff would show two beams when having Aim at Gaze and Extended View enabled.
Tweaks & bug fixes
- Fixed a broken animation on Bardin's one-handed charge attacks, which could sometimes get stuck.
- Fixed several cases where charging Career Skills could cause players to not go into a ledge hanging state on low framerate, and instead die or go out of bounds.
- Fixed an issue where Mercenary Kruber's Talent "Inspirational" which increased the temporary health gained from 25 to 40, instead of the intended 45.
- Fixed an issue with the Trait "Off Balance" where the tooltip was displaying the incorrect values. Updated tooltips new reflect the intended behaviour (20% damage taken for 5 seconds). Note that the functionality has not changed, only the tooltip.
- Fixed an issue with the trait "Opportunist" where the power level increase was not applied as intended.
- Fixed an issue with Zealot Saltzpyre's Passive Ability and talents that give bonuses per 25 health missing where the amount of buffs, and the breakpoints where they activated, would be incorrectly calculated when having boosted max health. Carrying one or more Grimoires will now also be correctly handled. For example; having +20% health (max health 180hp) and no damage taken, and one Grimoire (reducing max health to 126hp) will give two stacks, as 54 health is missing from your total max health. Taking 21 damage (putting current health to 105 health) will activate a third stack, as 75 health is missing from your total max health. This will also allow a health boosted Zealot on very low health to have 6 stacks active instead of 5, as would be the maximum otherwise.
- Fixed so that Sienna bot no longer does friendly fire with Conflagration Staff's charged attack.
- Changed the Overheat effect so it's not so bright.
- Fixed an issue where Beam Staffs could trigger on-hit procs on the first damage tick. The beam staff will now correctly begin to trigger procs on the second damage tick for an enemy to prevent being able to sweep through a horde to quickly trigger procs.
- Fixed a crash when you shield slammed a barrel.
- Fixed an issue where Bödvarr Ridspreader could get pushed of his platform, plummeting to his death if players used abilities or threw grenades during his monologue.
- Fixed an issue where the animation to draw bows and aim with crossbows and rifles didn't get scaled when having an attack speed buff, such as after having drunk a speed potion.
- Fixed issues where the sound for charging attacks made by bots or other players would be played as if it was the local player charging the attack. Most notable when someone used a Beam Staff.
- Fixed a crash that could occur if a player left the game while carrying an explosive barrel.
- Fixed an issue where the game could crash if a player left the game at the same time as a held torch was removed.
- Fixed an issue where animation speed could go out of bounds when stacking speed and charge bonuses as Battle Wizard, leading to a crash.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when the Chaos Spawn throws a player.
- Fixed a crash that could happen if a Ratling Gunner bullet hit deep water.
- Fixed an issue where the bolts from the Repeating Crossbow would clip through the lid of the weapon if the shot was affected by Bounty Hunter Saltzpyre's talent "Prize Bounty".
- Fixed an graphical issue where Crossbows could abort and restart the reload animation if under the effect of an attack speed buff.
- Fixed so that players only respawn in front of boss doors if it is active or will be activated in the future.
- Fixed crash that could happen if a player that is pounced by a Gutter Runner disconnects or leaves the game.
- Fixed Kerillian's bows not zooming when aiming.
- Fixed an issue where Saltzpyre would fire the same pistol repeatedly when using the fast shot mode of the brace of pistols, and waited around 0.5 seconds between each shot.