All aboard, hahaha. Oh wait, it's the Voidtrain, not the Crazy Train.
Voidtrain is a new title coming to you courtesy of development studio Nearga.
It is a first-person action-survival game and was revealed today during IGN's Summer of Gaming event.
In it, you will become a crew member of an interdimensional train that rides through a world of "amazing creatures, dangers, and surprises." You will be able to upgrade your train, gather new materials, and build better weapons. It can be played in single-player or with up to four people in multiplayer.
You start the game off with only a low push-trolley, but by gathering debris you can both build crafting tools and benches and upgrade the train.
How you upgrade the train is up to you, as you can add an extra train car, make it faster with steam, diesel or tesla engine, or "boost the train’s defense by building walls around it," (thanks, Gematsu).
Here's some of the game's features as noted on the Steam page and from publisher HypeTrain Digital:
- Floating Islands – A lot more dangerous than they look and infested with unique fauna. Use your weapon arsenal to drive them away. Explore the islands for resources and loot.
- Puzzle Islands – Solving the puzzles earns players special rewards.
- Build the Locomotive – Players will face many obstacles on the way, including floating minefields, large flying predators, and more.
Upgrade the train’s defense capabilities to overcome the challenges.
- Interdimensional Train Depots – The depots are the interim stops between worlds (biomes), taken over by Nazis. Players will have to defeat the Nazis and free their hostages. Doing so awards generous rewards. Each depot allows players to enhance their train.
- Void Cards – During the depot stops players can use special items to make their next journey a lot more difficult. With higher risks comes higher rewards.
- Increasing Difficulty – The better equipment and train progression you have, the harder the challenge becomes, scaling with your abilities.
- The Interdimensional Express - Start with a tiny trolley. What comes out of it further depends on you. Build, expand, customize, choose the type of engine between different eras - and play the game your way.
- Discover the void world - Together with your mechanic, learn to survive in a new environment. A unique world with its own rules - where gravity sometimes does not apply. Gather resources, explore the stations and islands scattered along the way, and hunt the creatures that inhabit them.
- Unique adventure - The generation of the environment, events, and objects around the player, as well as the choice of the player himself, will make every adventure you have in Voidtrain truly stand out. Each time there's a new path to go on, new lands to discover, and a new train to build.
Voidtrain is slated for release this fall.