Victoria 3 is real, and it's coming to PC.
After years of hoping, wishing, and praying, fans of the series can now rest easy as Victoria 3 has finally been announced.
The game takes place in the early 19th century and is a society simulator where you will track the needs and desires of national populations. Each group has its own political and material preferences.
There are conservative factions that may "resist political reform" as growing numbers of tradespeople and intellectuals "push for a greater say in how the nation is run."
In it, you will also trade a wide range of goods on a global scale to make sure that needs are met at home because if people are hungry and disenfranchised, "revolution beckons."
The railroad and the telegraph. Steamships and the birth of flight. Mass conscription, emancipation, and the campaign for women’s rights. The Victorian Age saw a world transformed by new technology, new philosophies, and new ways of doing politics. This tumultuous century springs to new life in this grand strategy game.
The game will feature:
- Deep Societal Simulation: Cultural, economic, and ideological divisions compete for power and resources in one of Paradox’s most detailed historical worlds.
- Tend Your National Garden: Nurture your population, educating it, and preparing it for the future, guaranteeing their prosperity and improving their happiness.
- Wonders of the Industrial Age: Scientific and social progress give you the chance to improve the lives of your citizens.
- Sophisticated Economic System: Import goods to keep costs low, export goods to enrich your citizens, and then tax that wealth to advance your plans.
- Challenging Diplomacy: Maintain harmonious relations with your neighbors or provoke a crisis to grab valuable resources or force open new markets.
- Political Dealmaking: Manage competing interests in your government, opening up new reforms but risking revolution if key voices are not heard.
- Detailed and Living World: Cities grow and factories darken the landscape on a beautifully drawn map of the 19th-century globe. Play any of dozens of nations from 183 and try to claim your place in the sun.
Currently without a release date, Victoria 3 will be available on Steam, Microsoft Game Pass, and the Paradox Store.