A large content update is available now for Warhammer: Vermintide 2.
Today's first content update to Vermintide 2 is free, and comes with daily challenges, quests and the Modded Realm can now be accessed.
The update also includes over 100 new cosmetics such as skins, hats, portrait frames, bug fixes and the like.
Players who wish to access mods can take a look at what's on offer through the Vermintide 2 Steam Workshop. From here, players are able to download mods to be played in the Modded Realm of the game.
Vermintide 2 players can switch between the Official Realm and Modded Realm through the game launcher.
According to Fatshark, the Modded Realm has a "no holds barred stance towards mods and custom content." The studio did note, however, mods will not be able to give new drops, allow challenge/quest completion or provide players with experience points.
More information on the Modded Realm, creating mods, and future mods can be found through a developer blog on the official website.
Challenges added with today's update can be accessed in the keep via a book on the table next to Lohner. There are Daily Quests, and Challenges available with different difficulty levels. Each will reward the player with skins, loot chests, hats, and portrait frames.
In most, players will "starts fresh" with Okri’s Challenges no matter if they are a Veteran player or newbie.
As far as the new cosmetics are concerned, more hats are being added to the Commendation Chests for all heroes and careers. All hats and Veteran items in Commendation Chests, and loot chests from Champion and Legend difficulties, have an increased drop rate.
Cosmetic hats will drop from Commendation Chests, for the specific hero you have selected, and there's no need to worry about duplicates. There is also a small chance a Commendation Chest will drop a Veteran item.
Patch notes for today's Vermintide 2 update are below.
Vermintide 2 - Patch Notes
Fixes and Tweaks
- Extracting Illusions no longer cost scrap. Applying Illusions now cost 10 Scrap. As the previous cost of extracting Illusions cost 20 Scrap, each player will be refunded 20 Scrap per Illusion in their inventory, when they log in. (Currently investigating why this didn’t work and will endeavor to have the refund working again shortly)
- Added a new crafting recipe - Convert Dust. You will be able to convert Dust to a lower tier. Ten Blue Dust to ten Green Dust Or ten Orange Dust to ten Blue Dust.
- The confirmation delay when Crafting and Salvaging, has been drastically reduced.
- Several Veteran items lack a distinctive textures with glowing runes. We are working on making sure all Veteran items have cool looking skins. In this version, the Veteran Swiftbows “Edrael’s Will”, and “Spite-Tongue” now have their proper runed textures.
- Fixed some issues with our current line of cosmetics hats, to make them fit better.
- Fixed an issue for the Ranger Veteran Bardin’s talent “Last Stand” which caused the buff to be applied whenever a clip was emptied instead of when completely out of ammo.
- Fixed an issue for the Battle Wizard Sienna’s talent “World Aflame” where the power boost was not applied properly when playing as a client.
- Fixed an issue for the Witch Hunter Captain Saltzpyre’s talent “Necessary Means” where the power boost was not applied properly when playing as a client, when out of ammo.
- Fixed an issue for the Zealot Saltzpyre’s talent “Holy Crusade” where the critical strike power boost was not applied properly when playing as a client.
- Fixed an issue for the Shade Kerillian’s talent “Bloodfletcher” where ammo would not properly be awarded on backstabs.
- Fixed most common crash in 1.1
- Fixed LOD with new mysterious skulls in the Keep