I am beginning to wonder if I will ever see something other than my computer screen and a diabolical RSS feed after 5pm ever again.
It has been a busy week already, and it doesn't look to be ending any time soon. Next week, is TGS. Yes, another gaming event. Seems like there is one every month anymore. But I am not fretting one bit over it. I am going on vacation next month, and I will be spending the entire time at Keeneland Race Track. That's right. Watching the ponies run, smelling the crisp autumn air, drinking Woodford Reserve, and eating the best corned beef this side of Slyman's up in Cleveland, Ohio. I can hardly wait.
So, between now and my lovely horsey vacation plans, I also have a couple sick cats to attend to, a couple who recently showed up I need to find homes for, and a dog to clip. Thank goodness (not really) the other one has a thyroid issue and is losing his hair and the other is a Beagle. The one who needs trimmed is a Bouvier mix, and looks like some demented, feral werewolf mix instead. I also have horse babies to help prep for the sales, a little brother to try to continue to raise to be a normal, functioning person, and many hours of daydreaming about concerts I will never have time to attend; games I will never have time to play; and an Android phone I will never be able to purchase. Don't even get me started on the book I have been trying to write for ages. The "star" of the novel is being ornery and won't cooperate. C'est la vie, I suppose.
Alright. Now that I have bared my soul to you, without your consent or desire to hear it, here is what happened on my shift.
- SWTOR beta canceled this weekend, larger beta events planned for future
- THQ CEO Brian Farrell predicts disc-free future, talks Saints Row DLC
- Epic: 3D on 360 has “room for improvement”, Gears 3 still looks swank though
- Uncharted 3 gets the sand art treatment from Natalya Netselya
- Persona 4: The Ultimate in Mayonaka Arena debut trailer released
- Yasha introduced as a playable character in Asura’s Wrath
- Deus Ex: Human Revolution The Missing Link DLC detailed
- Ubisoft’s The Smurfs & Co Facebook game has 10 million MAU
- Left over code for “Feminist Whore” skill not in final version of Dead Island
- Berger: Elite’s creating a “true community,” of healthy respect and socialization
- Tippl: Six “proven property” releases from Blizzard expected over the next three years
- Max Payne 3 could cost Rockstar $105 million to develop, says analyst
- Uncharted 3 TV spot debuts tonight during the 2011 NFL Kickoff game
- Watch this 22 minute walkthrough for Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
- Dead Island’s Bloodbath Arena DLC set for a late September release
- Quick Quotes: Cliff Bleszinski on Gears of War’s legacy
- Thursday Shorts II: Ice T, Square teaser, XBL banhammer, LIVE activity
- Square sends out Final Fantasy XIII-2 shots and Historia Crux Q&A
- Watch a 20 minute playthrough video of Hard Reset
If this doesn't come out this year, I think I may just cry. Better to cry over a delay than a broken game, though.
Farrell thinks our future is in the the cloud. He also reiterates the amount of DLC coming to Saints Row: The Third.
3D looking great on Xbox 360 still has a ways to go, apparently, not with Gears 3 though.
This woman does amazing work, and the Uncharted 3 video she did was no exception.
Looking good there, Persona 4: Ultimate.
Most brothers-in-law don't get on well anyway from my experience, no matter if a death was the cause of the ire or not.
There are new screens and a tease for this in there as well.
Always bet on blue.
Just so you know, this did not offend me.
We can only hope such politeness will run off on the rest of the gaming community. Insert denial, Egypt, river phrase here.
Blizzard has a lot on its plate it sounds like.
An expensive Rockstar game? No shit. They always spend bank on making games, because they make bank on them.
Only reason to watch American football in my opinion.
I want this game, and watching this made it worse.
Some DLC incoming.
It is a bit sad knowing the series, as we know it now anyway, is ending.
Sometimes I envy Ice T. Sometimes. This is one of those times.
The screens are lovely, and the Q&A is very informative.
I still need to download the demo. I will do that tonight as I sleep.
Yesterday, I promised you a "gritty" band picture, but I am just too exhausted to bother. Ozzy all by his lonesome will have to suffice, because I cannot find a shot of him with Zakk Wylde where the later isn't looking all Charles Manson-ish.
See you tomorrow.