What a long, long day it's been. However, it's over with now. At least for me.
I have to say, this week has been one perpetual Monday gone awry. It started out with the death of a friend on Sunday, and nothing went right after that. It's too horrible to discuss, so I will move on to something else.
What else, what else. Oh, yeah. I have a cat that is elderly and he is starting to have issues, so there's that. Then, someone has dropped yet another cat off at my place, and I am trying to find him and the one I rescued back in July a home. It's not working out too well. So, that brings the cat total to nine, and I am desperately trying to get it back down to just seven - which is more than manageable.
Let's see. What else went on this week in the world of Steph? The dogs rolled in cow manure; I finally discovered the Tommy Seebach vs YouTube phenomenon; the battery post on my truck decided to break while I was at the grocery store; the truck also got stuck in the mud the following morning; my little brother, who I have been trying to help raise properly refused to get a job and ran off with some girl; I broke my favorite beer glass; my best friend's husband is now "official" in the US for the next 10 years (hooray!); Dead Island was purchased; and also purchased was a silver craft marker to draw the letters back on my keyboard. Sadly, the ink rubs off every few hours.
That's about it really. Happily, the week is over. With that said, here's is what went on today:
- From Johnny: BF3: Longer Guillotine trailer goes live – awesome inside
- Deadshot latest villain reveal for Batman: Arkham City
- Buy Gears 3 at HMV for £1.99, Calibur11 releases Gears-themed 360 Vault
- SCEJ president doesn’t see 3DS or smartphones as Vita competitors
- Activision devs have discussions “all the time” concerning Call of Duty’s annualization
- Square releases video for Bravely Default: Flying Fairy on 3DS
- PS Plus subs get 50% off Resident Evil 4 HD
- Quick Shots: Silent Hill: Downpour, HD Collection screens get out of TGS
- Report – Australian arm of Visceral Games possibly shutting down next week
- Capcom in talks with MadCatz on making a SFxT Vita peripheral
- Friday Shorts: Nevermind is 20, Daytona USA, China, Orcs, KOTOR
- Rather large patch releasing for Deus Ex: Human Revolution “very, very soon”
- Falcom decided to re-imagine Ys IV with Ys Celceta: Sea of Trees on Vita
- Ballmer: Xbox Live TV in planning stages, out this year
- D’toid’s Nick Chester takes a gig at Harmonix
- Quick Quotes: id’s Willits on lightening up with RAGE
- Gaikai: “Targeting 100 million” users “as quickly as we can,” says Perry
- Itagaki’s team using modified version of Relic’s engine for Devil’s Third
Can't argue one bit with that headline.
Boy did I catch hell over this post. Next time something similar is revealed, I will make Johnny post it.
Gears 3 is cheap at certain retail stores.
Vita doesn't need to worry about competition, apparently.
Surely, most franchise developers have the exact same discussion.
Weird name, nice looking game.
And here we thought it looked good on the GameCube.
Silent Hill shots in there.
If true, hopefully folks will land on their feet soon.
More nubbins for your gamin'.
So many shorts in there, and the post took me ages, so please read through it.
Big patch for a big game.
I have yet to play a Ys game, but they sure are lovely to look at. I may have to give one a go. Any recommendations?
Still trying to figure out what they are doing here.
Nick is super nice. Wishing him nothing but the best.
No more dark corridors or crawling around in the dank.
So, it already has enough people using it to rival the population of Hungary, but they basically want a little under the population of Mexico? That's a lot of people!
I love trying to find pictures of Itagaki. I dunno why.
I won't be here tomorrow, because I will be attending a service for the aforementioned friend, so please, have a lovely weekend and I will see you on Tuesday.