Shazam. It's the weekend, and our shift is finished. If you've been busy most of the day, the list of headlines and blurbs below should get you caught up.
As for me, well, I have to take the pack to the vet on Monday for their annual shots and the like, so, this means I will be giving the 125 pound beast pictured above a bath. Pray for me.
- Report – Mass Effect 3 multiplayer rumored in Xbox World 360
- Kotick’s acting debut in Moneyball is due to being friends with the director
- Borderlands 2 to have improved AI, dynamic missions, new characters
- John Carmack’s QuakeCon 2011 keynote videoed
- Unlock Griffin for Gears 3 multiplayer by visiting Facebook
- Battlefield 3 will have “years worth of unlocks and rewards"
- L4D2: If 60,000 earn Connecting Fights achievement, Blood Harvest beta gets unlocked early
- DCUO servers merging into MegaServers starting August 8
- BioWare’s Heir wants to see more diversity in games with good writing
- Report – Used 3DS sales have doubled in Japan
- Battlefield 3 will not be sold on Steam due to Valves’s ToS
- Quick Quotes: Notch on EA’s meeting with Mojang
- Bloodrayne: Betrayal delayed into October
- Epic hiring programmers for Gears 3 and “new unannounced IP”
- Quick Quotes: Bungie on game rumors, going dark for a while
- Latest Blizzard Insider talks a bit about Diablo III’s upcoming beta
- Saturday Shorts: Skyrim baby, BF vs CoD, Batman, Sony 3D TV bundle switcheroo
A rumor of multiplayer in Mass Effect 3 is being rumored by Xbox World 360 magazine. Likely, it is nothing more than co-op, so simmer down now.
Bobby Kotick has explained to Reuters why he is in a movie starring Brad Pitt.
Some information on Borderlands 2 has escaped out of Game Informer.
If you missed out on Nathan's liveblog of John Carmack's QuakeCon keynote this week, watch the video of it.
"Like" Gears of War 3 on Facebook, get a code for an exclusive multiplayer character for the game. We did, and we're gonna kick your ass with him.
Battlefield 3 will have 10-times the unlocks of Battlefield 2, says DICE.
Want to play L4D2's Blood Harvest early? Get to playing the game, then. All 60,000 of you.
A server merge is happening in DC Universe Online starting Monday.
Bioware's Manveer Heir wants to see more diversity in games and good writing to go along with it. Excellent interview - you should honestly give it a read.
Seems used sales of 3DS are up in Japan. Folks looking to get in on the Ambassador's Program, apparently.
No Battlefield 3 on Steam for you!
EA had a meeting with Notch. Notch was polite. So was EA.
After being delayed by a week in August, a new game based on our favorite bloodsucker has now been moved to October.
Hrmmm. Wonder what it could be?
Bungie's Eric Osborne has said the firm pays attention to rumors on what it is working on for Activision, and said the team plans to "go dark" for a while so it can get to work on it.
The title says it all, really, but don't expect a date for the beta to be found in the interview.
The usual shorts with the usual "OMG WTF" picture.
Have a good one, lovelies, and I'll see you Tuesday.