US News Wrap, August 18 - What Happened Today
Pat flew home from Germany today. Johnny and Alex leave tomorrow. This doesn't mean we won't have more gamescom news for you though, there will be plenty over the coming days. Promise.
As for the US news lady here, she is trying to figure out how to get the swelling in her fingers to go down after all the typing.
She is also wondering if it would be fiscally prudent to hop a plane to Atlanta tonight, rent a car, drive two hours, knock on her best friend's door, and scream in her face: "Happy Birthday tramp, and remember, you will always be older than me no matter what!" before jumping back in the car all Duke Boys style and driving off before she gets punched. She would then drive two more hours to Atlanta, drop off the car, and hop the 45 minute flight back home.
It's tempting, to her, let me assure you. Unfortunately, she is not so brazen. Let her dream, though.
Right. Enough of me chatting about myself in the third person regarding my delirious fantasies of being spontaneous and a bit mad. You need caught up on my shift.
This is what happened today:
- Uncharted 3 demo: Check out 8 minutes of gamecom direct feed footage
- Resistance 3 developer diary discusses human weapons
- Battlefield 3 facts sheet lists all sorts of weapons, 9 multiplayer maps
- Video for updated Xbox 360 dashboard released out of gamescom
- Quick Quotes: Content dumping is a disservice to gamers, says Gearbox
- First Portal 2 DLC expected in mid-September
- GameStop sales down 3.1%, digital sales up 69%
- Microsoft: More revenue comes from transactions “than the subscription space”
- Black Ops: Rezurrection video shows research in the zombie labs
- Shots of new PSP model E-1000 emerge
- Quick Shots: Once Upon a Monster, still adorable
- Silent Hill: Book of Memories shots are interesting
- Quick Shots: Tekken 3D Prime Edition
- Players apparently need to be online in order to experience From Dust
- Castlevania: Harmony of Despair hitting PSN next month
- MW3: Spec Ops Survival co-op and multiplayer detailed a bit, videoed
- EA’s The Sims Social goes live with more than 4.8 million MAUs
The title pretty much says it all, really. It's what Sony showed during its press event at gamescom.
Sometimes, you just really need to take a sledgehammer to your enemy's face. Agreed?
You can thank awesome, and extremely patient, Left 4 Dead player and VG247 community member ShiroGamer for pointing us in the direction of this lovely BF3 fact sheet.
Shack has a look at how Bing will be integrated within the Xbox 360 dashboard later this fall.
You will have to read the quote to see what he's talking about.
That free Portal 2 DLC? Yeah, it's still coming. Expect it sometime in mid-September - which is still summer. Promise.
Our world and gaming just gets more and more digital everyday. Soon, there will be no reason to leave the house for anything.
More money comes from digital content than XBL subs for Microsoft, apparently.
This looks like a bang up alternative to animal testing, to us at least.
It's bigger, but slimmer. It's matte, it has a touchy thing. Nice.
Never was a huge fan of Sesame Street growing up - gasp, I know - but this looks like it may just convert me.
An isometric Silent Hill game for Vita.
More Tekken screens than you can execute an Electric Wind Hook Fist at.
We're saying nothing.
The game is finally landing on PSN in September with a few extra goodies.
It's always more fun killing people with a buddy by your side.
We were told we may have to give this a try. If we do, we will no longer be a Sims virgin.
Here's a couple from Deb today:
- Cobalt – Mojang’s first third-party title announced
- Thursday Mega-Shorts: Payday dated, Trine 2 trailer, an awful lot more
Check this out. You know you wanna.
A massive shorts post featuring all sorts of goodies, including a kick ass Trine 2 video. Well done, Deb.
And in case you missed it, here is Stace's European Wrap Up.
Okay, I am outta here. Be nice to Brenna, or I will find you and do things that aren't nice to you.