The countdown timer for Wonder Boy 3: The Dragon’s Trap has expired, and yes, it was for an updated version of the classic PC and Sega Master System game.
Updated version of Wonder Boy 3 in the works for PC and consoles
DotEmu and Lizardcube announced today that an updated version of Wonder Boy: The Dragon’s Trap is currently in development.
The project is being developed in close collaboration with Wonder Boy series creator Ryuichi Nishizawa.
It is coming to both PC and consoles, and will "remain true to the original episode."
The team is adding graphical improvements, enhanced sound, and brand-new features.
Here's what you can expect:
- A huge interconnected world.
- 6 playable forms for our shape-shifting hero, with different abilities.
- Dragons of all kinds! A Zombie Dragon! A Mummy Dragon! A Samurai Dragon.
- An eye-patch wearing shop-keeper pig who may or may not provide a sense of warmth and direction.
- Beautiful, hand-drawn animated graphic.
- A memorable soundtrack, based on Shinichi Sakamoto's originals, re-imagined and recorded with classical instruments.
More information is being saved for a later date, but you can check out the teaser trailer above for a quick fix.